+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    , ,
    Member No: 115809 ilovecow is an unknown quantity at this point ilovecow's Avatar
    Yes | No

HELP! Need tune-up in New York

My baby is coming up on 20k since the last tune-up, and I need help in finding a shop in New York that knows how to do valve adjustment. I bought the car in California 4 years ago and had it serviced by Bavarian Professionals in Berkeley prior to driving it back to New York. Since then I've only had oil changes and minor repairs done, but nothing major done with the engine.
    I live in Long Island and have already been to 3 so called "BMW Experts", and based on the service they've provided in the past, I highly doubt any of them would do a good job with valve adjustments, let alone know how to do one.
    So please, I'm begging all you Tri-state E28 M5 owners, if you know of any shops that TRULY know how to do a tune-up for my M5, please let me know! I'm not looking for a shop to change my oil, air, and fuel filters. I'm looking for the shop that can tell me what the measured valve clearances are, and which valves required shim changes.
    Thanks in advance!

, ,

Yes | No

Re: HELP! Need tune-up in New York

I take mine toa very trusted source...

Bimmers Only. Its a hike for you, but worth the trip. If you work in Manhattan then the train station is right down he block so you can drop her off, and pick her up same day (with an appointment). The shop may not look like much but Graham knows these cars...and any other BMW you can think of. A trusted repair shop for concourse as well and beaters...fair pricing and great work.

Ask for Graham (914)241-1084. Tell him Chis W with the e28 M% sent ya.

Good Luck.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information