+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Nav Screen

Hybrid View

Registered Member
    Member No: 173466 roperj is an unknown quantity at this point roperj's Avatar

Yes | No

Nav Screen

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The navigation screen is blank. when you open the door, the screen lights blank white. when you start the car, there are some horizontal lines that go through the screen top to bottom for a few seconds, but then nothing. I checked all the fuses and put the CD back in. Is this something I have to have to get the system to reset? I checked the manual and couldn't find any codes to use. Or is this just a symptom of a larger problem with the navigation system/computer? Thanks for your time.

Registered Member
    Member No: 174613 billatsfo is an unknown quantity at this point billatsfo's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Nav Screen

Right now my navigation screen only has thin horizontal lines on it when it becomes activated by opening the door. The GPS and computer readings are unreadable. They must be functioning because I can see the computer screen finding on my Speedometer head. The radio works but it only stays on for three minutes when it turns off by itself. Hitting the power switch on the radio seems to reset everything and the radio turns back on for another three minutes. At no time does the screen come back on. No one has been able to help me. I've finally tried getting an entire unit from the dismantlers and it worked the same way as my original unit. When I told them this instead of sending me a new radio the mistakenly sent me the screen only. I tried the new screen in the original radio and in the new radio I received. Exact same symptoms. I'm starting to believe there's nothing wrong with the radio from the start and possibly there's something wrong with the commands to the radio.

If you have any feedback I'll gladly take it. If you don't but can steer me in the direction of someone who can help I would certainly appreciate that too. Where you able to find a fix to your problem?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information