+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Gcracker

Yes | No

e34 pressure plate for my e28?

Whatcha think? Steve has one for me, and I'm not seeing the info I need in the archive. Would I be better off ordering the OEM? I'm only adding about 75-110HP to the equation.

Registered Member
    Member No: 60903 vze33jng is an unknown quantity at this point vze33jng's Avatar

Yes | No

This place used to be the place to go....

Not anymore! 3 days and zer0 views? Not what it used to be...
    '87 <b>528e</b> "is" RIP
    '88 <b>M5</b> 193k (Head rebuilt, Custom Pistons, bored, will be reassembled slowly...)
    Dinan gen.1
    OEM Front & Rear Fuzz-buster

Registered Member
    Member No: 35097 bbojangles is an unknown quantity at this point bbojangles's Avatar

Yes | No

most of us are here - i think...

where have you been yourself?

hope all is well...

Registered Member
    Member No: 60903 vze33jng is an unknown quantity at this point vze33jng's Avatar

Yes | No

When I first found roadfly...

I think I was 18 or so. 11 years, two fiances, one wife, three kids and a mortgage later... I have been less consistant a presence here. I was at my most fervent when I bought the M5.

Since then, Maine claimed my 528e through salt poisoning, and my M5 has been on a trickle-funded refreshing rebuild. I got rid of the salty clunker and hide my M in the drive-under garage. Most of my neighbors have never even heard of it, and none of them have seen it come out to play.

I haven't had that much to write about, and i haven't flexed my E28 knowledge in such a long time...

I thought maybe everyone left a while back when everything started getting 'oops-ed', or that everyone just seemed to have things going like I did.

At any rate, I just got my last engine pieces back from the machine shop after an extended (almost four years!) stay. I will be reassembling the engine on a stand starting this weekend once I turn the car around in the garage and move the engine stand out of the "engine room".

What's going on:
    Wiseco 10.5:1 Forged w/ pins
    Replaced oil-starved cambox
    payed for head work twice! (once wrong, once right)
    5-angle seats
    re-balanced rotating/reciprocating assy.

Other than that, am planning the Miller MAF/W.A.R. upgrade and will hopefully be driving this summer.

I do go on...
    '87 <b>528e</b> "is" RIP
    '88 <b>M5</b> 193k (Head rebuilt, Custom Pistons, bored, will be reassembled slowly...)
    Dinan gen.1

Registered Member
    Member No: 72412 bob.knox is an unknown quantity at this point bob.knox's Avatar

Yes | No

Haven't checked in for a while..

I guess I am a lurker now. I looked at 2 e28 M5's this past spring and have decided that I'm not up for a challenge/hassle car wise anymore. As you know Graham, kids take up a lot of time. I am still looking for cars, but now it's an 06 Audi S4 still under warranty. I have a really good Audi performance indie. shop near my house, and gas guzzling V8 prices are dropping pretty fast. I will always have a soft spot for the original M5, but if I ever buy another one, it will be a perfect garage queen.

Still cold in NH,
    Bob K.88 ///M5 2875369, RIP

Gcracker

Yes | No

Good to hear from you, Bob!

Registered Member

Yes | No

NVRMND

'87 <b>528e</b> "is" RIP
    Dinan gen.1

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information