+ Reply to Thread
    Rich in Tupelo

Yes | No

Oil Separator valve m50tu

Can anyone tell me the part # for the oil separator valve on the E34 M50tu engine. I have a 1995 E34 touring and I am pretty sure this is the cause of my smoke issue.

Rich in Tupelo

Yes | No

More information on problem

I am noticing some smoke on start up (blueish gray so I am in the direction of oil issue)that will burn off after about a mile or two. Does it cold and a little during the day on short trips. I have had BMW's (mostly E28 535 cars) so I know that they normally burn a little oil. I plan to watch how much is being burned and check for any leaks around the front of the engine, valve cover, check plugs for any sign oil issues (seal on tube was bad previously and had oil fouled a plug but has been fixed and new plugs put in a couple of months ago). In talking with a bmw tech friend, he initially thought OSV but these motors do not have one that we can tell.

My thought would be more valve stem seals leaking down or (lets hope not but I need to do a compression test to be sure) piston rings.

I would love to hear from any of you with a M50tu (my car is a 95 525it) who have had similiar issues and what the solution was.

I ordered my bentley manual for the E34 today.

Thanks

Rich

Gruss

Yes | No

Re: More information on problem

How many miles on the engine? Do you know anything about prior owners maintenance?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information