+ Reply to Thread
    flukecapecod

Yes | No

anyone having low powersteering fluid problems

haven't yet checked my powersteering fluid level to confirm it being the cause of my steering feeling a bit (little bit) resistant in steering.
    Its either this or the tire preassure is down. just figured while I'm here I'd throw this one out to you all for some feedback to see if there have been any problems or history of problems relative to the powersteering pump etc.

Registered Member
    Member No: 45881 mlobo is an unknown quantity at this point mlobo's Avatar

Yes | No

One common problem.....

A few years back, I was noodling around under the hood and saw a plastic cap sitting loose down near the engine mount. Turns out it was the cap to the power steering fluid reservoir. It managed to work itself completely off the reservoir. Good thing it didn't depart the vehicle altogether, or I would probably never have known about it since the reservoir isn't visible unless you're really looking for it. Long story short, I had the dealer flush and refill the fluid. Haven't had any problems with the steering yet, fingers crossed, but I check the security of the cap regularly now.

I mention this because apparently it's a common problem. If yours has come off, the fluid could have escaped or become contaminated. Either could cause the problem you describe. I'd start by checking this and at least trying to eliminate it as a possible problem.

Kevin 368s #19

Fluke/CapeCod

Yes | No

Re: thanks

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information