+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Silver Ghost

Yes | No

Alarm goes off for no reason

My alarm seems to go off about 10-15 minutes after I lock the car. I have disconnected the interior sensor in the ceiling (it's the updated sensor) and I have disconnected the hood pin. The car is a 1997 740iL with 244,000 miles. Any thoughts? Are there other sensors that I can disconnect? Is it maybe going off, because I have disconnected these two sensors?

Thanks.

Cecil

Registered Member
    Member No: 18520 Hughes is an unknown quantity at this point Hughes's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Alarm goes off for no reason

Not sure if this will matter, but try hitting the remote lock button twice when locking. This is supposed to disable the interior motion sensor (on later years). This could help to eliminate the sensor (which you already did), and possibly the whole circuit as well (in case there are any shorts).

Might also want to disconnect batt for a period of time in case there are any ghosts lingering in the system.

The interior light goes off after last door is closed, right? If so, it shouldn't be any door pins.

Silver Ghost

Yes | No

Thanks. I will try your suggestions. Yes, the interior lights go out after closing last door. I'm trying to avoid paying the $125 to the dealer to tell me which sensor is setting the alarm off. It routinely goes off about 10 minutes after I lock the doors.

Cecil

Registered Member

Yes | No

Could always put a test lamp on each sensor...

Silver Ghost

Yes | No

Re: Could always put a test lamp on each sensor...

Do you or someone else have a list of all of the sensors and where they are located?

Thanks.

Cecil

Registered Member

Yes | No

I, sir, do not. Check the archives here though.

Registered Member
    Member No: 174037 davec1 is an unknown quantity at this point davec1's Avatar

Yes | No

I've had the cabin motion sensor fail and also the alarm started going off due to a battery that was on the way out. When the voltage dropped below a certain level the alarm would go off. The battery voltage can be read off the hidden OBC menu.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information