+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 78893 jprince is an unknown quantity at this point jprince's Avatar

Yes | No

Trade my '03 M3 in for a...new 09 VWGTI?

So here's one for ya. I've had (and more or less loved and enjoyed) my M3 since buying it new in 03. And it's just getting to that age where sh*t starts happening. I've been having a chronic climate control problem (can't turn the heat off; no matter how low I set temp, hot air blows on windscreen and my feet—it frigging cooks me), and I just returned from a trip to dealer with a $1,036 bill to "replace the water valve" in the HVAC system, along with two "cracked belts." Not happy. To make matters worse, I pulled out of dealer (in Port Chester), onto highway, and the problem hasn't changed. Going back. Ugh.
    At the same time, I have a nagging, ongoing yen for a...new GTI. Every time I see one on the road, it captures my attention. I've built one several times on the VW site. Haven't driven it, but am I crazy? Wife thinks I'm crazy. "You have this beautiful, substantial car...a GTI is for like a college kid or something." Is she right?

Registered Member
    Member No: 40394 brady is an unknown quantity at this point brady's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Trade my '03 M3 in for a...new 09 VWGTI?

GTI's are fun, but what you really Need is a good independent shop.

-brady

Inner Circle Member Inner Circle Member
    Member No: 9000
    Inner Circle ©55 since: Feb 12, 2012 zoli-007 is an unknown quantity at this point zoli-007's Avatar

Yes | No

HELL NO

I have an 08 GTi 4 door dsg which isnt a bad car but to go from an M3 to that?! Willingly...... hell freakin no.

If money is an issue then go for it, but if you think because it will be a fun car, dont bother. Sure its fun, but after an M3 its nothing.

Im stuck with one because we wanted to sell my M5 and get an E92 M3 with my wife but the market took a gigantic dump on my M5 and we decided to keep it. But the GTi is a lease so we're stuck for 2 years.

Registered Member
    Member No: 13200 jason2 is an unknown quantity at this point jason2's Avatar

Yes | No

How about a used '08 135i instead?

has warranty left, can be extended if desired. Probably the only fun car left in the BMW lineup.

asking prices seem to be around high $28k to mid $35k (what you'll actually pay after negotiating should be less). Or even a stripped out new one (base is $36k), should go for at least invoice or below.

Some examples from autotrader:

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...r_id=262107537
    http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...r_id=259868165
    http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...r_id=260572310

Registered Member
    Best place on the fuuucking planet, , United States
    Member No: 26908 mjs1 is a splendid one to behold mjs1 is a splendid one to behold mjs1 is a splendid one to behold mjs1 is a splendid one to behold mjs1 is a splendid one to behold mjs1 is a splendid one to behold mjs1 is a splendid one to behold mjs1's Avatar

Yes | No

I think there's something wrong with you....

Your wife is right. Listen to her...

LOL!

Mike

Pelerojo

Yes | No

Re: Trade my '03 M3 in for a...new 09 VWGTI?

What about a low mileage Z4 M Coupe? You should be able to get A 2007 with very low miles and warentee left fro $32k.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information