+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Registered Member
    Member No: 50165 bruce12861 is an unknown quantity at this point bruce12861's Avatar

Yes | No

smell in 650 convt

I have a 2007 650 convert. After it rains the car gets a funny smell in it, kind of like gas, but not definitely. It is not noticeable when driving, only after the car is sitting off for a while and before it starts. I cannot determine the source or location. Any thoughts before I bring it into service.

Registered Member
    Member No: 107311 cobradav is an unknown quantity at this point cobradav's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: smell in 650 convt

One possibility: Two service bulletins relate to poor water drainage but one is for builds older than an '07. They relate to clogged drain holes causing water to accumulate in trunk which could cause smell.

SIB 512908 includes your car
    SIB 512608 up to 08/06 build dates

I can't think of anything else unless the evaperator recovery system is messed up somehow.

_______
    US '05 645 Coupe|Silver Grey|Chateau|Sport|Logic 7|HUD|Cold Pkg|SAT|AUX|BT w/ snap-in adapter|MP3|V1|CIP 31.00.00

www.bimmerdrivers.com

Registered Member
    Member No: 50165 bruce12861 is an unknown quantity at this point bruce12861's Avatar

Yes | No

thanks (eom)

Registered Member
    Member No: 51393 koorosh is an unknown quantity at this point koorosh's Avatar

Yes | No

Your fuel hoses need replacement, Perhaps when it rains you do not drive it, so after a couple of days at cooler temperatures when you start it the cold hoses are less flexible due to age and since they are more brittle, They leak a small amount of gas before the hoses expand from them warming up. Since the hoses cover an area beneath the plastic cover you can not vertify the leaky hose, Have them replaced asap.

Koorosh

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information