+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 11659 asifallasleep is an unknown quantity at this point asifallasleep's Avatar

Yes | No

my baby with new wheels - staggered only way to go

Got rid of the 225 50 16's i had on my 05 2.5i Z4 and replaced them with 18's (225 40 18 on front, 255 35 10 on rear)

The car's ride is sooooo amazing now. Staggered tires should be the only configuration on these cars. With the 255' on the rear the acceleration and handing are a million times better!! The michelin run flats feel so much softer than the bridgestones, not as harsh a ride.

Registered Member
    Member No: 86769 2zero is an unknown quantity at this point 2zero's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: my baby with new wheels - staggered only way t

You finally got a chance to get rid of the run flats
    and you replaced them with more run flats!!

WHY??

They have got to be the most unresponsive tires on the planet!!

Registered Member
    Member No: 86769 2zero is an unknown quantity at this point 2zero's Avatar

Yes | No

NIk fix your email address

joel selman

Yes | No

Actually, the problem really isn't the run-flat tires. Our 2003 and current 2005 3.0's were both, of course, equipped with the Bridgestone rft which rode poorly and were destroyed (in the case of the 2003) by one track weekend.

In 2006, we acquired a new 350Z equipped with the same tires (oh, no) in a different size. They rode very well and performed beautifully on track and they lasted about 10000 miles which, considering their use, I considered good.

I believe the problem with the 2003-05 Z4's is suspension tuning. It's POSSIBLE the Michelin's do ride well. Anyone else with Michelin run-flat experience?

Registered Member
    Member No: 11659 asifallasleep is an unknown quantity at this point asifallasleep's Avatar

Yes | No

Had bridgestones rft's with 16's and not very nice. Whether it is the 18's or the michelins or a combination of both the car rides amazing. Like a totally different car by leaps and bounds. I've never had run flats before, but the michelin run flats feel like conventional tires to me. I had an 03 911 before this, and of course i am not comparing the two, but this newer ride makes me look forward to driving the Z much more now. I mean with 255's in the rear from 225's, handling is and as it should be, quite improved.

BSVA

Yes | No

I switched from the original Bridgestone RFT's to the Michelin PS2 ZP's (RFT) and the difference was like night/day. Great ride and no more tramlining. I also have the 225-18 front and 255-18 rear. Bridgestones were a piece of #@*%.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information