+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Registered Member
    Member No: 92102 kneedrager is an unknown quantity at this point kneedrager's Avatar

Yes | No

No Spark 3.0si

I'm in the process of converting my 1976 3.0si to electronic ignition. I pulled the distributor, installed the Petronix kit, reinstalled the distributor, changed the coil and I now have no spark coming out of the coil. I went back and tried the old coil and still nothing. I ran a hot wire to the positive wire on the Petronix and no spark at the plugs.
    I check all the fuses (all were fine) but am thinking there may be relay that's bad? The car ran (barely - due to some vacuum
    issues)before I started.

Any ideas on what may be going on, or how better to diagnose them would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks - Scott
    Edit/Delete Message

Registered Member
    Member No: 58142 ROYinGA is an unknown quantity at this point ROYinGA's Avatar

Yes | No

I don't have an answer. I still have points with

an MSD unit on my 76. I think it must be in your wiring. Did you ask the Petronix Tech Engineer? Have you done any wire tracing?

Registered Member
    Member No: 92102 kneedrager is an unknown quantity at this point kneedrager's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: I don't have an answer. I still have points with

Got it fixed. Turned out to be a ground on the distributor and the timing was off 180 degrees. Now in the process of restoring the fuel injection system.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information