+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 47203 Magofo is an unknown quantity at this point Magofo's Avatar

Yes | No

Airbox filter replacement

Folks,
    We may have covered this one before, but how do you change the air filter in the airbox in a 1991 M5? I see the clips that hold it together, but with space so limited, remeoving the clips alone doesn't allow space to pull the box apart enough to pull the filter.
    Is it necessary to remove the intake boot from the MAF & pull the MAF away from the airbox after removing the spring clips?. I have instructions on how to remove the entire airbox, but didn't know if I needed to go to that much effort.
    Thanks to all -
    Max

Registered Member
    Member No: 111921 pgcornelii is an unknown quantity at this point pgcornelii's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Airbox filter replacement

Yes, you have to remove the airbox from the car to get at the filter. There are a couple nuts to loosen, and the hose clamp on the intake hose, disconnect the wiring. Once out of the car, open the clips and there you have it. Took me a while to figure out the first time....

Registered Member
    Member No: 47203 Magofo is an unknown quantity at this point Magofo's Avatar

Yes | No

Thanks - That seemed to be the....

answer, but I didn't want to pull it apart if I didn't need to. Thanks again.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information