+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 103259 kirbinster is an unknown quantity at this point kirbinster's Avatar

Yes | No

P1327 Knock sensor 2 bank 1 low input - help

I have been having problems with my check engine light comeing on in my 2001 740iL e38. The code is P1327. About 18 months ago I had this problem and BMW replaced the knock sensor to the tune of about $1,300. I needed this to get the check engine light off for inspection:( Now it is back. I still have a year till my next inspection is due, but I want to get rid of this stupid light. I reset it and it comes back fairly quickly. The car is running fine. So, my question is there a way to fake out the computer to not see this sensor or is there some other cheap fix?

Thanks

Howard
    [email protected]

Registered Member
    Member No: 78269 claudio512 is an unknown quantity at this point claudio512's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: P1327 Knock sensor 2 bank 1 low input - help

Well... if work was done by BMW should be cover under the two year warranty. However, the problem may no be the knock sensors... how many knock sensors did BMW replaced?

"Keep Right, Pass Left. It's the Law."

Registered Member
    Member No: 103259 kirbinster is an unknown quantity at this point kirbinster's Avatar

Yes | No

OK, the work was done about 11 months ago, so I will check on that. They replace a pair of them, the same ones that are being reported as a problem today.

Registered Member
    Member No: 78269 claudio512 is an unknown quantity at this point claudio512's Avatar

Yes | No

There is a bit more to the knock sensors and the problem may not be directly related to those sensors but other components and creating a communication between electronic devices. If was done by BMW dealer service shop... you should check with them before doing anything else. Indeed... there are no symptoms other than an annoying check engine light.

Registered Member

Yes | No

Aftermarket ping sensors...

If the ping or knock sensors were replaced with aftermarket sensors... those aftermarket products DO NOT work well... and OEM is a must.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information