+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hellooo?

Hybrid View

Registered Member
    Member No: 36477 XZLR8 is an unknown quantity at this point XZLR8's Avatar

Yes | No

Hellooo?

Is this forum completely dead and gone now? I'm about to become a 7-Series owner again, but it would appear that this forum is little more than a relic of the past. It's a shame, too. It was an invaluable resource at one point.<small>
    '08 BMW 650i | TitaniumSilver/Black
    '07 BMW X5 4.8i | SpaceGray/Black
    '09 BMW 328xiT | AlpineWhite/Saddle

JeffWYO745

Yes | No

Re: Hellooo?

I can't help but come to the conclusion that the new 7s are not selling. I would guess that more than 80% of 7 series were sold in NY, CA, FL and NV which happen to be the 4 states hardest hit by the economy. Combine this with a roughly 20% increase in the sticker price and they just aren't moving. My dealer in CO has sold a grand total of 1 so far (as of my last visit a few months ago) and has had 1 sitting in the showroom for quite a while now.

The 'old' model has had all/most of the kinks worked out and they seem to be performing well, so not much to talk about there either.

And finally, I think most of the rest have moved on to 'the other' board.

Registered Member
    Member No: 159556 Catanzaro is an unknown quantity at this point Catanzaro's Avatar

Yes | No

I do not beleive this board is dead? I think these cars have become more reliable with the software updates, etc. Also, the search button helps answer a lot of questions in where 2 out of 3 times, I do not even need to post a new message. That could be where the problems are. The more traffic you have, the worst things are with these vehicles. Less traffic means not too many problems.

Registered Member

Yes | No

Agree with you there, but there's not even a board for the new 7.<small>
    '09 BMW 750i | TitaniumSilver/Black [on order]

Registered Member
    Member No: 58142 ROYinGA is an unknown quantity at this point ROYinGA's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Hellooo? Well I know where most everybody

from the RF e38 board went and a few of them have gone to e65/66s now and there is also an F01 board. They are not very active but more than here. Try bim merboa rd dot com. Maybe some of you can spruce it up.

Registered Member

Yes | No

Appreciate the tip, thanks.

<small>

Registered Member

Yes | No

Idiot question... other board?<small>

BW#4_B7

Yes | No

whats it gonna be amd when?

Registered Member

Yes | No

Hey, old pal.

I am getting one of the last '09s. My plan was to wait for the 2010 model, mainly because of the addition of AWD and the new M-Sport package. However, the more research that I did, the more I decided against both options for a variety of reasons.

And so, I claimed one of the last builds of the year. Hopefully, too, BMW's lease programs will be a bit better in September on an '09 than they will undoubtedly be in October on a 2010.

The car I've ordered is a pretty loaded (everything except Night Vision, the Lane Departure Package, and the Smartphone deal, I believe) SWB in Silver on Black. I should get it in September.<small>

Registered Member
    Member No: 124003 BW2 is an unknown quantity at this point BW2's Avatar

Yes | No

Nice to see a post- and that youíre going to be first!
    Hope all is well with you Ö
    Absolutely Loving the Alpina, and hoping I can get a new one next year. It would be my first choice hands down if available. Word on the Alpina boards is it will come stateside again. With less than 10 months to go, itís flying by quick. 24 months leases are fast.
    I have only seen one or two F01ís on the street; my dealer has sold about a dozen. I like the new car allot especially the interior but it needs more aggressive rims from what I have seen on cars so far, I donít think I have seen a sport pkg.
    Did you get the full leather dash? I believe itís an option now.
    Believe it or not, I am becoming a fan of the new Panamera, other than its rear end itís a hot sedan. Did you consider it ?
    Thinking about the new E Class for my wife, she finally caught on to the car thingÖ

Registered Member

Yes | No

I saw a few spy pics of the new Alpina... looks good! I'm not usually a fan of Alpina wheels, but the ones in the pics I saw looked amazing.

Yes, I opted for the full leather dash. It makes a huge difference, in my opinion. I'm excited to have "matte" wood again, too. I always loved that in my '02 and '03.

I know what you mean about the rim offerings on the F01. I like the Sport rims well enough (19s), but since I always thought there was way too much tire noise with the 20s on my '07 Sport, I think the 19s will be fine. I initially was going to wait on the M-Sport in 2010 (which has nice 20s), but they added MORE CHROME with that kit, which just blows my mind.

I don't know if I will do another 24-month lease or not. With the current programs, 30-month seems to be the deal (such as they are), so I may lean that way. Haven't decided.

Maybe the Panamera will look better in person, but my god, it looks ugly in pictures. And the interior looks awful, too. Don't know about that one, man.

I drove a new loaded E550 Coupe last weekend, as a matter of fact. Nice car. The "character" lines on the side look okay on the coupe, but I am not sure about the sedan. Like the new headlights, though. Is your wife still in a Volvo? (Wasn't it a Volvo?)<small>

Registered Member
    Member No: 124003 BW2 is an unknown quantity at this point BW2's Avatar

Yes | No

I know what you mean about the Pamamera, itís a weird attraction, but new cars designs grow on me allot quicker than most. I must say no one gives you build options like Porsche. I think I am just looking for someone to hold true to the large ultra performance sedan category. Kind of like the Q-Porte, but a little more toward every day usage. In any event itís nice to see that category coming alive with true competitors.
    The wife is still in the Volvo, I am not an MB fan at all and trying to steer her to the A6, but she does not like hard sporty. However it looks like MB has thrown allot at the new E Class in the way of safety, technology and features.
    I took a look at the other board and think its time to jump ship to the F01 board; you want to change addresses as well?

Registered Member

Yes | No

Meant to ask...

Still loving the Alpina, I'm assuming?<small>

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information