+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Registered Member
    Member No: 176093 kingwalawala is an unknown quantity at this point kingwalawala's Avatar

Yes | No

Idrive will not scroll past first page on ipod

All,

I have an 05 645Ci and have had the ipod interface fitted from BMW, all seems to work well until I come to scroll through the music itself, either artist, album or podcast etc and then, when I get to the bottom of the first page on the screen I can not scroll any further.

The Idrive is locked and only if I force the wheel round will it scroll through the music which is just not great and very very frustrating

BMW have said that it is due to me having a large amount of Music on my 30G video ipod but I am not sure this is the case.

Anyone else had the same issue?

It also happen when I try and scroll through the Traffic Information under navigation as well.

thanks

Registered Member
    Member No: 107311 cobradav is an unknown quantity at this point cobradav's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Idrive will not scroll past first page on ipod

While I do not have an iPod the scrolling issues are pretty well known for our older iDrives, even with recent software updates. It has improved over time with the newer updates but still you will meet a stop (resistance) that you will have to force through. I use DL DVDs so have near the same issue as an iPod as I have upwards of 1100 songs on a 8 Gb DVD. I organize by artist, then album and then song title. That cuts down on really, really long lists (max probably around 50) and I seem to navigate that pretty quickly. Did you get a full software update with the iPod install? You probably did as I don't think they can do it without. But it has been awhile since the initial rush of IPod installs and I have forgotten if update or simply "recoding" is required. If you have not had a recent (last 2-3 years) software update you may have some more issues in this regard than those of us on newer software.
    _______
    US '05 645 Coupe|Silver Grey|Chateau|Sport|Logic 7|HUD|Cold Pkg|SAT|AUX|BT w/ snap-in adapter|MP3|V1|CIP 31.00.00

www.bimmerdrivers.com

Registered Member
    Member No: 176161 bangloreagent1 is an unknown quantity at this point bangloreagent1's Avatar

Yes | No

Just did the install last night. Was a bit of a biz-natch... You have to mount the MOST iPod unit way higher than illustrated in BMW's instructions otherwise the glove box doesn't go back on. The reason is that the hooks that use the support bar make contact with the iPod unit and also the bottom connectors interfere with the back of the glove box. It's a pretty crappy design using zip ties for support along with the crap BMW instructions.

Activation on Friday... hope it works out!

EDIT: Forgot to add thanks to FrankoQ for the tips on the molex connectors... They are all like little Rubik's cubes...
    ----------------------------------------------

Registered Member
    Member No: 176161 bangloreagent1 is an unknown quantity at this point bangloreagent1's Avatar

Yes | No

Just did the install last night. Was a bit of a biz-natch... You have to mount the MOST iPod unit way higher than illustrated in BMW's instructions otherwise the glove box doesn't go back on. The reason is that the hooks that use the support bar make contact with the iPod unit and also the bottom connectors interfere with the back of the glove box. It's a pretty crappy design using zip ties for support along with the crap BMW instructions.

Activation on Friday... hope it works out!

EDIT: Forgot to add thanks to FrankoQ for the tips on the molex connectors... They are all like little Rubik's cubes...
    ----------------------------------------------
    swedish bathtub
    corbels

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information