+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

yazzer

Yes | No

E28 sat for while HELP

My E28, 88 535is, sat for awhile, gas went bad I drained most out and started up, ran fine you could smell the bad gas. turned it off. Next time I started it sputtered and now runs like it is running on 5 cylinders. Changed plugs distributor cap rotor and spark wires but still runs like crap. Where do I go now, injectors????

Registered Member
    Member No: 152819 zackkcaz is an unknown quantity at this point zackkcaz's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: E28 sat for while HELP

Check every rubber hose for leaks. Spray brake cleaner or starting fluid on them IF you must. Take the ICV off and spray cleaner in it and shake it back and forth till it sounds loose. Clean th MAF along with the throttle body. Change the oil/radiator fuid. take the plugs back out and check each one for oil on the spark end of the plug. Let me know how it goes for you1997 528i auto. Silver with gray interior.

1986 528e manual.

Yazz

Yes | No

Thanks zack
    I need a new boot and one line is iffy. I will order, order and get back. Thanks again.

a

Yes | No

Dump a bottle of Gumout Regane into the gas tank. There are several flavors of Gumout injector cleaner, make sure to get Regane. That is where I would start. Mext, I would try to isolate the trouble to a single cylynder..

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information