+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 83693 yianniem is an unknown quantity at this point yianniem's Avatar

Yes | No

Ran in my first ever autocross, WOW!

Can't believe that it took me 8 years of M Coupe ownership to finally do an autocross! This really was so much fun, I'm hooked.
    The event was run by njbmwcca at the TD Bank Ballpark in Bridgewater, NJ. I expected it to be a click of super competitive trash talking guys who would look at me as an outsider. I was both wrong and right, it WAS a click of "pro AutoXers" who were VERY competitive and who did talk smack to each other, but, they were extremely encouraging and helpful to me, offering me ride-alongs in their cars to illustrate the best lines and techniques, and they were always willing to ride shotgun to give live in-car pointers, and at the end of the day I felt like I'd made a bunch of new buddies.
    It was very professional and efficient and I got 12 runs over 2 sessions. Even if my times had been the slowest of the day it would have been worth it just to drive the snot out of the Coupe, tires screeching, fish tailing and sliding all over the place.

Jet

Yes | No

Good deal! Congrats!

peppercorn

Yes | No

I need to get back out there.

been a couple years for me. Cash flow and an aging coupe have slowed my roll...

But I'm planning to get to an autoX round my B-day next mouth!

don't give it up from here on out, I swear, hobby racing is key to good mental health.

Registered Member
    Member No: 46523 mmallory is an unknown quantity at this point mmallory's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Ran in my first ever autocross, WOW!

I'm glad you came. Now my Coupe isn't so lonely. There are a few slots open for the October School at Lightning. Sign up and have even more fun.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information