+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 29117 harryjdaglas is an unknown quantity at this point harryjdaglas's Avatar

Yes | No

Convertible Top Broken ! Help !...

Hello, yesterday, my convertible top stopped in the middle of going up and the motor in the back started making a clicking noise.. It only makes a clicking noise now when you try to open or close it.. I had to close it manually by turning the hex nut near the front of the top under the plastic pop out tab... but, the electronics still show the top not closed and the light is blinking. I looked at the schmatics, but, I am not sure what could be broken.. Anyone else had this problem? Thanks for any tips...

btw, I have a 2001 M3 Conv. with 136K miles..

Registered Member
    Member No: 120883 roadracer911 is an unknown quantity at this point roadracer911's Avatar

Yes | No

Could be a sensor....

I had a similar problem and it was a combination of a couple of the sensors attached to the convertible top frame and the GVC module near the back seat that had to be replaced. Cost some bucks, but it fixed the problem. You may have to take it to the dealer or to an indie shop that has the right computer software to initialize it once those have been replaced. I also read of a manual process that might work as well. I had the indie shop who replaced the sensors initialize everything on my '04 M3 vert.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 167.219.88.140

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information