+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 140793 Mani911 is an unknown quantity at this point Mani911's Avatar

Yes | No

Navigation Issues

Since the last software update on my 2005 E66 in March 09, my navigation is acting up -
    1- It will not confirm that you have arrived, last message is that you are approaching your destination and it is on your left/right.
    2- Instead of confirming you have arrived it will automatically choose the second last address from last destinations and will start guiding you there -
    Dealer/technician is so far no help - anyone experienced or experiencing this? please advise ... if there is no fix perhaps we need to start a blog and have BMWNA come up with a fix - to my understanding it was last software update which must had some bug caused that, any info is appreciated, thank you.

Registered Member
    Member No: 58142 ROYinGA is an unknown quantity at this point ROYinGA's Avatar

Yes | No

Do you know the SW Ver.? Is it 09.07.02 or higher?

Also you might ask your question on the nav forum at bimm erboard dot com.

Registered Member

Yes | No

Re: Do you know the SW Ver.? Is it 09.07.02 or higher?

I just posted it in Bimmer Forum and I will confirm my software version tomorrow and update you - thank you much.

Geez Tech

Yes | No

Try deleting the destination list.................

If you dont "hit" the exact destination you had input then when you actually do hit one then it goes on to guide you to one you haven't "hit" that is still in your destination list. So it sounds like you are "hitting" the address you input but it is now guiding you back to the last "missed" destination.

You can actually "build" a destination list if you want to take a particular route vs the way the navigation wants you to go. It is tedious and you also have to re-do it each time since you cant save a built route.

Lastly, if the destination list gets to 25 entries you get a message stating that the list is full and you must delete one in order to enter a new destination. It just depends on how many destinations you "miss vs "hit" as the "hit" ones automatically delete.

Registered Member

Yes | No

Re: Try deleting the destination list.................

Tried all that and still same result - deleting all destinations still create issues - it never confirms that you have arrived and once destinations are added in the Navigation, it starts acting same - and destinations it picks are completed one and always pick the second last one -

Geez Tech

Yes | No

Are you deleting the correct list?

Some people get confused over the different lists, you want the one that says "Dest. List".
    It may not be confiriming that you have arrived because the info on the disc may be wrong.
    If it is a common location you go to then try parking by it and store it as the current location for the address.
    If this the same address you have used before the software change and it is the same nav disc then perhaps there is an issue with the software that was last loaded as you already mentioned.

Geez Tech

Yes | No

I'm not finding any info on this

There doesn't seem to be any recent info about this after programming,"if" there were any issues after the latest update.
    See if the dealer will reinstall the nav software disc(not the navigation DVD), they can do this in the service drive and it doesn't require any extra work, it will just take about 20 minutes of your time.

Registered Member
    Member No: 58142 ROYinGA is an unknown quantity at this point ROYinGA's Avatar

Yes | No

The latest Ver. is 32 I think and it has

SW 09.08.02 for the NAVI03 in the late e65/66 cars. You can Google the Service write up as "SI B65 21 02" and it is a 5 page PDF.

Mani

Yes | No

Re: The latest Ver. is 32 I think and it has

Tried all above options but result is same - last word is that is how it is after the last BMW update (32 version) and unless there are enough people complaining about this issue, it will stay as it is - So they fix couple issues and create couple more -:(

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information