+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 122425 robertj192000 is an unknown quantity at this point robertj192000's Avatar

Yes | No

Cruise Control/SRS Light Problem-'98 740i

With my cruise control on and working, it shut off and the SRS light came on. I could not reactivate the CC. A few miles later the SRS light went off and the CC was active again. The problem repeated about 100 miles later and again corrected itself. On this third instance the SRS light is staying on and the CC is inactive. My Peake tool is not "communicating" and showing a flashing "E".

I have tried the remedies with battery disconnect, etc. If the issue is the CC module, where is it located? Vin is DL57452. Thanks ahead of time!

Registered Member
    Member No: 122425 robertj192000 is an unknown quantity at this point robertj192000's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Cruise Control/SRS Light Problem-'98 740i

So does anyone have any information about the relationship of the SRS light to inactive cruise control? How about the physical location of the CC module?

Registered Member
    Member No: 58142 ROYinGA is an unknown quantity at this point ROYinGA's Avatar

Yes | No

Sorry my car is drive by wire and has no cc module

and also my WDS didn't show the location. You might ask the guys on bimm erboard dot com.

Registered Member

Yes | No

Thanks sooooooo much to Denis McG in Nova Scotia! Besides the problems I mentioned already, my steering wheel began to "forget" to return to the driving position from the comfort exit position. Also, just today, the audio system shut down.

Denis had the same issue with a '98 750iL and it was the ignition switch. I followed the post on [Oops!] successfully. After the clambshell was removed, I wiggled the electrical connector on the switch and that aggrivated the symptoms. I replaced the switch and all the electrical gremlins moved out! Everything is back to normal.

Registered Member

Yes | No

*clamshell/aggravated....

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information