+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 103125 carrman is an unknown quantity at this point carrman's Avatar

Yes | No

Sat Radio/ipod

Ok, I've done a little research on the boards and it seems there are mixed reports so I just want to confirm something. I just bought an '06 X5 with Nav and DSP. I would like an ipod connection and sat radio. Do I need to go aftermarket for those? I would rather not have an external device mounted to the dash and I would love to have true integration of the ipod, rather than an aux input.

Registered Member
    Member No: 177848 ArcticX5 is an unknown quantity at this point ArcticX5's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Sat Radio/ipod

I have a 2006 X5 (with navigation and DSP) and I have the factory Sirius installation and the auxiliary input for my iPod, but I've read of others combining both the Sirius receiver with, say, a DICE iPod adapter in the rear without any troubles. They just had to order the CD Changer Audio Extension Y-Cable (part number 84110141978) in order to simultaneously power both the DICE unit and the Sirius receiver because the original CD Changer power supply cable, which is in every X5 regardless of whether the CD Changer option was purchased from the dealer, is only designed for one "accessory." Also note that the Y-cable can sometimes be mis-wired from the factory, requiring you to move the white/brown ground wire in the CD changer end of the Y-cable from pin 2 to pin 3 in order to remove any static in the audio.
    <br>
    I would think that the Sirius receiver would also be compatible with the BMW iPod Interface kit, which allows control of the iPod through the factory steering wheel and navigation display, but I don't know that for certain . . . probably a question best answered by your local BMW dealer.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information