+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 89027 jschottenfeld is an unknown quantity at this point jschottenfeld's Avatar

Yes | No

Staining on the rear deck lid

I've had my '05 645cic since new but recently started seeing a blue staining on the rear deck lid at the locations where the rubber gaskets rest.

Normally I wash the car myself with Mr. Clean auto wash and never had a problem. Lately because of construction around my house I have been bringig it to a local car wash who has always washed my other cars. They insist that the only blue liquid that is in their facility is the spray wax, which I've never had applied.

Has anyone else had this problem and if so, any thoughts on how I can remove?

Jan

Registered Member
    Member No: 107311 cobradav is an unknown quantity at this point cobradav's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Staining on the rear deck lid

Use same system (Mr Clean) on my '05 and nothing similar to note here. Now I do wipe down almost each and every time in the gutter area under my fixed glass (coupe) and all the edges of the trunk lid.

You have some extra drain holes for the cabrio for water to run out. Any chance any of those are clogged. Check for water or heavy moisture under trunk mat or around TCU/electronics on left side.

As far as actually removing stain(s) I would seek advice from a detailing expert.
    _______
    US '05 645 Coupe|Silver Grey|Chateau|Sport|Logic 7|HUD|Cold Pkg|SAT|AUX|BT w/ snap-in adapter|MP3|V1|CIP 31.00.00

www.bimmerdrivers.com

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information