+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 78144 isinickel is an unknown quantity at this point isinickel's Avatar

Yes | No

735i with a 5 speed

thinking of buying a 1988 735i with 5 speed any advice vs a auto? also does this car have a self leveling system? is the car worth buying with 5 speed for maintenance i.e. parts available when things brake down which will.

Registered Member
    Member No: 14327 Highline is an unknown quantity at this point Highline's Avatar

Yes | No

735i with a 5 speed

only the iL = long wheel base had a standard LAD shocks on the rear. Another optional extra was EDC = electronic damper control. EDC is very expensive when it needs to be replaced, most people convert to standard then.
    5-speed is rare in the U.S., so the 5-speed gear is the only difference between 5-speed and the 4HP22 automatic transmission, all other parts are indetical with the automatic version. The M30 engine lasts long and was used in many BMW's like the E34 535, so plenty of used parts available.
    Read on my website below under prepurchase check what to check.Shogun E32 Tech Tips: http://twrite.org/shogunnew/topmenu.html

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information