+ Reply to Thread
    hcelentano

Yes | No

"cruise not available" ... what gives?

Today while driving (50 degrees, light drizzle) I recieved a yellow
    light and the message "cruise not available". No other malfunctions with the car were obvious. About 20 minutes later I shut the car off and when I came back the light and message were gone. However the cruise control no longer functions. When I try to turn it on I get an immediate message of "cruise canceled". What should I look for in fixing this problem?

Registered Member
    Member No: 136953 execk2 is an unknown quantity at this point execk2's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: cruise not available ... what gives?

Have a look just above your brake pedal, you'll see a little switch. Have a look to see if it came loose. If there was a braking problem the cruise will not go on.....Mike

hcelentano

Yes | No

Thank god for the internet!!

You just saved me about two-hundred bucks. That was exactly what was wrong. I checked this morning and the little box was just dangling there. I figure that when the yellow warning light came on that must have been the precise moment when it detached. You sir, are a genius, a scholar, and damn good looking too.
    I hope that someday I can return the favor...not that I'm wishing for your car to break down or anything like that. :-)

Registered Member

Yes | No

Re: Thank god for the internet!!

Cheers and happy thanksgiving!Mike

Registered Member
    Member No: 177175 bfsgross is an unknown quantity at this point bfsgross's Avatar

Yes | No

Start with a search for vaccume leak(S) near brake booster, etc. and intake manifold runner control motors (on passenger side of intake plenum). The cruise control is dependent on adequate engine vaccume to actuate cruise control vaccume diaphram.

Registered Member

Yes | No

Dude......... please read the postsMike

plowboy

Yes | No

an antilock sensor or wire is another potential cause.

Registered Member

Yes | No

This has been fixed, read his other post!Mike

Registered Member
    Member No: 181433 DIGIELECTRONICA is an unknown quantity at this point DIGIELECTRONICA's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: cruise not available ...QUE QUIERE DECIR ??

EN EL JAGUAR X TYPE MODELO 2002 AUTOMATICO ENCENDIO LA LAMPARA AMARILLA Y ME INDICA EN EL DISPLAY * CRUISE NOT AVALIABLE *....ESTO AL MOMENTO DE INSERTAR EL SCANNER PRESENTA UN SINFIN DE CODIGOS.... NO SE ASUSTEN, ES SOLO UNA PREVENCION DE QUE ALGO ANDA MAL Y REQUIERE SERVICIO, YO AFINE EL JAGUAR, CAMBIE FILTROS, BUJIAS, LIMPIE LA BARRA DE INYECTORES ( SACANDOLA Y PULSANDOLA ) PURGUE EL SISTEMA DE REFRIGERACION, CAMBIE ACEITE, CHEQUE MANGERAS, PRESIONES VACIOS.....Y NADA, LA SOLUCION ?? EN EL SCANNER COMO YA LO MENCIONE ME NOTIFICO EL MAF SENSOR, LO RETIRE DE LA MANGUERA DE ADMISION DE AIRE, LO DESTAPE Y ME ENCONTRE UNO DE LOS MICROCABLES DEL PROCESADOR ROTO....LO SOLDE CON SOLDADURA DE PLATA Y ESTAŅO Y SE CORRIGIO LA FALLA DE INMEDIATO, SOBRA DECIR QUE CHEQUE FUSIBLES, LINEAS ELECTRICAS, ARNESES....CASI DESTAPO EL MOTOR.....SUERTE

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information