+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 177487 BimaVixen13 is an unknown quantity at this point BimaVixen13's Avatar

Yes | No

Info on wheel alignment

I need to get a wheel alignment on my 98 740i. I called Sears and Midas, and they wont do the alignment on BMWs (no surprise). Both Sears and Midas told me to take it to BMW dealer. I called my local BMW dealer in NJ and they quoted $289.79. Is this a reasonable price?

I want to know what have others done when they needed a wheel alignment. I can't believe everyone has gotten their alignment at a BMW dealer. Please let me know what you have experienced, what is a fair price, and if I take it to a regular mechanic - is there anything I should be aware of?

Mack

Yes | No

Re: Info on wheel alignment

Ask around for the best shop in town. I went to the same shop I had the tires rotated because they use Hunter equipment. They did the 4 wheel alignment for $75.00.

Mack

BimaVixen13

Yes | No

I'll ask around about Hunter...

because I know of a place that said they can do it for $100, and it's all done by lasers. However, I'm not sure if they are using Hunter equipment. Is there something about Hunter and BMWs I should be aware of?

Registered Member
    Member No: 122425 robertj192000 is an unknown quantity at this point robertj192000's Avatar

Yes | No

I just had mine done about six months ago after replacing front suspension parts. I found independents who would do it for $149. BMW San Francisco wanted $199. I went to the dealer because I guess I felt a bit more confident. I received a computer printout with specific measurements when the job was done. The car drives well.

Registered Member
    Member No: 12809 mack217 is an unknown quantity at this point mack217's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: I'll ask around about Hunter...

Hunter is the best or so I've been told. I'm very happy with my alignment.

Registered Member
    Member No: 78269 claudio512 is an unknown quantity at this point claudio512's Avatar

Yes | No

BEST wheel alignment is at BMW dealer and others

are merely promises... the best price for four wheels alignment, and short-cuts are costly... it is experience in spite of opinions, which may be the reason Midas and Sears will not do BMWs alignment.

"Keep Right, Pass Left. It's the Law."

Altaai

Yes | No

I just had a 4 wheel aligment performed by Park Ave BMW in Hackensack NJ on my '01 E38. Cost was $139 after tax.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information