+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 177934 jmcdaniel is an unknown quantity at this point jmcdaniel's Avatar

Yes | No

looking to purchase a CTS, need some advice

Although I am not new to shopping for a luxury vehicle, I am new to the Cadillac brand. I have several associates who have or still own a Cadillac and have heard nothing but great things about their vehicles. I recently went to a local dealership and am almost sold on the CTS model. I am not sure what year to purchase though. Does anyone here have any advice or testimonies about a particular year? Also, I will definitely be interested in a warranty for the vehicle as well. Would it be better to purchase a factory warranty at the dealership, or shop around for an aftermarket warranty? And suggestions and/or feedback would be very helpful and appreciated.

RonK

Yes | No

Re: looking to purchase a CTS, need some advice

The car is essentially unchanged from '08. You'll get a better deal on an outgoing '09 if you plan on purchasing, but you only get to choose from the leftovers. The 2010 would have better lease options now and/or you could order one exactly the way you want it if you can wait a couple of months. The factory warranty is 48/50K bumper to bumper and a factory service contract can always be purchased anytime before it expires (don't go aftermarket). You will be able to shop multiple dealers for the best GMPP price at your convenience, and should you trade or sell the car before the original warranty runs out, you saved yourself from getting only a pro-rated refund for the service contract that you never used, which is what happens if you buy it at the time of vehicle purchase.

tlennen

Yes | No

I had a CTS and have two BMW's and an older Escalade that has been a great vehicle. While not quite as nice as my BMW's, I loved my CTS and would buy another one.

Registered Member
    Member No: 179302 mkaresh is an unknown quantity at this point mkaresh's Avatar

Yes | No

One tough call is which suspension to get. The base suspension feels loose and imprecise to me, but even the midlevel suspension (which my father got) has too much "head toss" on uneven roads.

If you want Bluetooth, don't get an early 2008. I don't like the wheels on the 2010s--they look cheap to me.

The 2008 had iffy reliability early on, but has improved to average in the survey I conduct at TrueDelta.com. The 2009 should be a little more reliable, but I wouldn't expect problems with either year.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information