+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 177219 Tim289 is an unknown quantity at this point Tim289's Avatar

Yes | No

03 mini Oil Presure

I loose oil pressure at idle? Because the oil filter goes in several different directions depending on what year your mini is, (I also have an 06 MCS)i initially swapped the recently changed oil filters direction. Still, after the car warms to operating temp at idle the oil light comes on. Because I live out in the middle of no where the nerest dealership is hours away and the local machanics just wanna take my mini apart to see how it works... I figured I'd ask here first. Can anyone help

Registered Member
    Member No: 177219 Tim289 is an unknown quantity at this point Tim289's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: 03 mini Oil Presure

for all those who care. The filter cap on the 2003 MC MUST have the spring loaded plastic insert to maintain the correct oil pressure at idle

Registered Member
    Member No: 182822 vseibels is an unknown quantity at this point vseibels's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: 03 mini Oil leak

What might be causing a large puddle of oil in the carport? besides just an oil leak, serious amount of oil. not drops.

richb

Yes | No

Re: 03 mini Oil leak

if you recently had an oil change then it is possibly from incorrectly installed filter (center spring must be taken from old to new as it is not considered p/o filter. the only way to really know is put clean paper under car and see exactly where leak is (possibly) oil pan gasket. just have to trace wetness back to source

Registered Member
    Member No: 184219 anjy834u is an unknown quantity at this point anjy834u's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: 03 mini Oil Presure

You might need to change the oil. Try following procedure.
    Lift the emergency brake and make sure it is engaged.
    Slide the car's jack under the front of your Mini Cooper, towards the center. Carefully jack up the car and place jack stands into place.
    Slide the drain pan under the oil plug. Remove the oil plug with a socket and allow the oil to drain completely into the pan. Once it is completely drained, replace the oil plug.
    Use the oil filter wrench to remove the oil filter by twisting the filter to the left to loosen it. Once it is removed and the oil is drained, screw on the new filter. Do not tighten too hard, as it could damage the gasket seal of the filter.
    Remove the jack stands and lower the car.
    Open the hood and add five quarts of synthetic 5W30 motor oil

ALSO CHECK ehow.com for more details.

User Level 1
    Member No: 192316 mike33 is an unknown quantity at this point mike33's Avatar

Yes | No
    a new switch should cure it, or the garage have left flushing oil in, its like water and it will swill around causing a flashing pressure light
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 182.185.242.145

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information