+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Confused...

Registered Member
    Member No: 43342 nperryrm is an unknown quantity at this point nperryrm's Avatar

Yes | No

Confused...

Happy Holidays everyone! It's been a while. Work hours, schedule and responsibilities has changed exponentially over the last year. Guys, I have a very weird anomaly...About 6 months ago, I replaced my center shift cover for one that is illuminated. It was a pretty simple install, and I had not noticed any problems until about one month ago.
    I happened to be in the process of backing out of the garage one night and I noticed that the passenger side mirror did not dip as it normally would. My first reaction was to check the driver's door mirror control switch for being in the correct position. It was in the up position. The next morning after finishing work, I am backing out of my parking stall at work and the mirror dips as it should normally. I kind of scratched my head on that. I didn't know what to make of it.
    I later realised that the mirror would dip as long as the parking/head lights were not on. If I was backing out and flipped the headlight switch to the on position, the mirror moved back up to it's normal position. If I turned the headlight switch off, the mirror dipped again, with the gear selector in reverse.
    Two days ago, I am about to leave the house for work and I turn on the headlights, but there is no dash illumination plus I am getting the low beam;tail light;parking light error messages on the dash. I checked the fuses and saw that fuse #5 controls all of those items, but it was blown. I replaced with a new 10 amp fuse. I get back in and turn the lights on again to back out and the fuse pops again. I walk around the car, there are no passenger tail light, no front parking light or passenger side marker light.
    I checked the archives and it was suggested by Sean to check the radio illimunation wire and the license plate bulbs which may be bad. I purchased new license plate bulbs and the radio wire was okay as far as I can see. I also removed and re-seated the CCM and LKM modules. I have several mustard relays, so I swapped it for another one that is good.
    Can anyone suggest another area to check that may be causing the problem? BTW, I removed the shifter cover and checked the wiring for the illuminated PRND123/SEM switch and the wires showed no damage, and I have not smelled any burned odor of electrical wiring. I'm lost here and it's a problem because I have to drive at night, but I can't with just the left side tail lights. If anyone can offer any advice, it is very much appreciated. Thanks to all and Merry Christmas!!

Nick/LV 88 735i prod 02/87 Sterling Silver

Registered Member
    Member No: 48829 Kaimon is an unknown quantity at this point Kaimon's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Confused...

Its been a while but I believe thatunder the drivers side passenger seat is your control module. Unplug it and plug it back in, hopefully that will resolve your wierd light/roof/window issue. if not ya gotta replace the rediculous thing, been there before, it sux!

Registered Member
    Member No: 43342 nperryrm is an unknown quantity at this point nperryrm's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Okay, thanks...I'll check it tomorrow

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information