+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Registered Member
    Member No: 161622 whosurpopi is an unknown quantity at this point whosurpopi's Avatar

Yes | No

04 with salvage title

I responded to an ad for an 04 645ci that has the perfect colors, and very low miles with a good price. The seller responded back, and when I asked for the vin for carfax report, I was advised that it was a salvage title, but only for the oil pan because of light undercarraige damage. What do you guys think?

Registered Member
    Member No: 161622 whosurpopi is an unknown quantity at this point whosurpopi's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: 04 with salvage title

I forgot to ad that all repairs are supposedly done, and car is perfect.

Registered Member
    Member No: 107311 cobradav is an unknown quantity at this point cobradav's Avatar

Yes | No

Would make me awfully nervous - I'd shy away. I'm sure you could find non-salvage titled cars in perfect order, low miles and reasonable prices. Plus an MY04 is the first model year and had some issues especially in not being fully capable in some of the options such as bluetooth and MP3 capable without spending big $$ unless it was a late model year build. Certinly no Heads Up Displays (HUD) in MY04 either.
    _______
    US '05 645 Coupe|Silver Grey|Chateau|Sport|Logic 7|HUD|Cold Pkg|SAT|AUX|BT w/ snap-in adapter|MP3|V1|CIP 31.00.00

www.bimmerdrivers.com

Registered Member

Yes | No

Yea, I am very nervous. The only catch is the color combo. Its a goldish silver with a beige top. I have never seen one like that before. I do have suspicions about the honosty of the seller, so I will probably not contact him anymore. But sure was a sweet car.

Administrator Inner Circle Member
    Member No: 1
    Inner Circle ©193 since: May 05, 2000 charlie has a spectacular aura about charlie has a spectacular aura about charlie has a spectacular aura about charlie's Avatar

Yes | No

I owned salvage car once almost impossible to sell

I owned a salvage title 944 turbo back in '88. It was my biggest car mistake ever! The problem wasn't that the car was bad the problem came when i wanted to sell it. It was nearly impossible to sell. I priced the car at 50% of the then current value of a 944 Turbo and even then I had to take a guys Corvette in trade just to get out of the Porsche. Then I had to sell the vette.

Anytime I hear about someone wanting to buy a salvage title car I tell them to run from it. There's no amount of savings at purchase time that equals the headache at sale time.

Registered Member

Yes | No

Re: I owned salvage car once almost impossible to sell

Thanks guys, I needed to hear that. The guy is only taking off about 5k for the salvage title. He came down to 26.5k but says that is the bottom line.

Registered Member
    Member No: 107311 cobradav is an unknown quantity at this point cobradav's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: I owned salvage car once almost impossible to sell

Hmm, good point. One I never even thought about.
    _______
    US '05 645 Coupe|Silver Grey|Chateau|Sport|Logic 7|HUD|Cold Pkg|SAT|AUX|BT w/ snap-in adapter|MP3|V1|CIP 31.00.00

www.bimmerdrivers.com

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information