+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 111755 mjow82 is an unknown quantity at this point mjow82's Avatar

Yes | No

I need to sell my 88 535is fast

hey all!

I am in a bit of a situation. I have moved from Tacoma Washington to Orlando about 6 months ago leaving my 535 there with my parents. Well long story short, they dont want to store it anymore. I love the car but I need to sell it. I have posted it on here as well as a local CR ad. I will be in Tacoma from the 10th to the 17th to show off and sell the car. below is the list of the stuff done to it and even the extras i will throw in for the highest offer. I am Asking 5000 BUT I will take any reasonable offer. I need to sell this car!

I have had the car since August 2003 and have upgraded and modified it over the years to keep it running perfectly and to increase its performance and drivability. Here is the rundown:

It has 170162 miles on the car. The head about 12k on it since it was ported and polished. The body and paint are in fair condition. It has been sitting for about a year under a cover and will probably need a good polishing. There is a little surface rust but nothing that is structural or any that is even that noticeable.
    The black leather interior is in really good condition. The headliner was painted black and looks pretty good. The AC has been removed because I was going to make it a track car, but had too much fun driving it. Iím sure it will work fine if all the parts were put back on it.

Black on Black 5 speed manual transmission
    Ported and Polished Head with custom valve grind
    Ram air intake
    Battery Relocated to the Trunk for better weight distribution
    Ground Control Adjustable Coil Over Springs
    New AFM
    New Engine Mounts
    New Rear Diff mount from an M535i
    Upgraded Oil Canister (from 90 535i) with engine oil cooler
    Euro Headlights
    Red instrument needles
    M5 Black Taillights
    Shadow Trim
    Newly painted Front Spoiler, Side Mirrors, Rear Spoiler
    M5 Mirror with Map Lights
    New Fog Lights
    M Badges in the seat backs
    Comes with 15 inch basketweave wheels from 90 535 AND 15 inch two piece star wheels
    New Dog bones for the rear suspension
    New Coolant Hoses

Bad:
    Dash has a few small cracks
    like I said the paint will need a freshen up
    the seats have a few cracks but no rips or holes at all.

Does have a box of spare/extra parts that will go with it.
    I also have a complete set of e28 M5 Throttle bodies and air collector from e28 M5 and e34 M5 that will sell with the car if It goes for around the 5k mark. These throttle bodies are fully functional are sold without the collector for around 700-1000. With only an adapter plate these throttle bodies will mount to the M30 head.

1985 - 325e (The old daily Driver)
    1987 - 325e (parts car)
    1988 - 535is (The on going project Car)
    1989 - 325is (The Newbie, now a parts car so sad)
    1990 - 325is (The New Daily Driver)
    1990 - 535i (the New Parts Car)

Registered Member
    Member No: 58142 ROYinGA is an unknown quantity at this point ROYinGA's Avatar

Yes | No

Drive it back to Florida and keep a good car

on the road. Or, post it on [Oops!] also.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information