+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bluetooth

Inner Circle Member Inner Circle Member
    Member No: 10337
    Inner Circle ©40 since: Feb 03, 2013 franino is an unknown quantity at this point franino's Avatar

Yes | No

Bluetooth

Anyone have trouble with their Bluetooth? I turned in an '07 335i and now drive a '10 335i and can't seem to get the thing to understand voice commands with either car. I'm sure it's me; however, I have an A4 and don't have anything like this at all.

DStampfer

Yes | No

Re: Bluetooth

On my '09 335i w/ nav it will correctly import the directory from the phone over Bluetooth, but will not voice dial by name. Basically, you have the ability to use voice commands to control the car software and to choose numbers in the list, but it will NOT pass the voice commands through to the phone software. It is possible to voice dial the car's software by name, but you must store the voice tag/name in the car menu. Seems to be it would be pretty easy to have a mode where it just lets the car's microphone and speaker act like a Bluetooth headset and pass the commands to the phone-- but no such luck yet....

Registered Member
    Member No: 23468 smt62 is an unknown quantity at this point smt62's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Bluetooth

Hi,

I have a 2007 335i sedan w/Sport/Prem/Nav. I'm having a slightly different Bluetooth issue.

I upgraded my iPhone from the 3G to the 3GS. Ever since then, I've had spotty Bluetooth connectivity with my 335. Garbled/crackly audio quality. The iPhone will sporadically disconnect and then reconnect with the car. Sometimes while I'm on a call and sometimes when it's (the phone) just sitting there idle.

I convinced Apple to swap out my phone for a new 3GS. Having the same problem.

Never had this problem with the 3G. The new 3GS phone is running the same iPhone OS revision (3.1.2) as was the old 3G

BMW has told me there are no known problems. Apple told me the same. Anyone else experiencing similar issues? Any ideas?

Thanks!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information