+ Reply to Thread
    PPXYZ

Yes | No

After break in, same problems as before

Unfortunately, even after the break in period for a new car the X3 continues to exhibit the same problems as before. Gas mileage seems to have improved a tad though so there is some good.

The X3 is still:

- jerking gears when accelerating slowly to moderately.

- failing to accelerate or being very slow to accelerate at times.

- losing speed with a thud when coasting to a stop.

- buffeting the cabin when the roads are not perfectly smooth. Oddly enough the X3 does much better with big potholes than with little imperfections.

Very disappointing.

PPXYZ

Yes | No

Pampering the X3

So the upshot with this nutty car is.... The BMW X3 requires significant adjustment by the driver to the car. It is like nothing I have ever driven including other BMWs.

If you want a challenging car that requires looking far ahead to gauge what part of the road you can travel on without buffeting or shifting into SD to prevent being hit by oncoming traffic or remembering to accelerate to a stop sign....this car is for you.

If you dislike stop and go acceleration while having HAL hunt and peck for a gear it likes then give up on the AT and considering driving it in MT mode all the time. It isn't safe to use a cell phone while you are driving and you can't drink a cuppa hot joe without risk of spillage so you might as well shift.

It is a carnival ride that you pay dearly to get onto so you might as well embrace the entire nutty experience for as long as your lease is (as most BMWs are probably leased) running or for as long as you can stand it if you happen to own it outright.

Lane from s.c.

Yes | No

Re: Pampering the X3

Wow never had any of those problems. I have 105,000 miles and no issues. The ride is firm but knew that going in. You need to get that car checked out.

RM

Yes | No

Re: Pampering the X3

I don't have any problems with mine. Maybe it's because I have Bluetooth, don't drink and drive and have a manual.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information