+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 178356 DougG34 is an unknown quantity at this point DougG34's Avatar

Yes | No

Oil Dipstick Tube

So, I'm still fixing up my newly purchased 1983 E21 to make it inspectable and road ready. I was about to do an oil change when I realized the car has no dipstick or dipstick tube. Does anyone know where I can pick up a tube and a dipstick?

Thanks in advance,

Doug

Registered Member
    Member No: 161347 tom-320iS is an unknown quantity at this point tom-320iS's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Oil Dipstick Tube

thats odd, are you sure about it missing ? It's sort of hidden, tucked beside the air filter. It must be running pretty rough with that big a vacuum leak. If you need a tube and dipstick go to your local wrecking yard or order new from www.bmwmobiletradition.com

Registered Member
    Member No: 178356 DougG34 is an unknown quantity at this point DougG34's Avatar

Yes | No

The manual shows it in front of the firewall. Found it! Thanks for the reply! You saved us a lot of time!

Registered Member
    Member No: 32099 glotman is an unknown quantity at this point glotman's Avatar

Yes | No

Hmm this is odd. it aint in front of the firewall....maybe thats the auto tranny dip stick. engine oil dipstick is between the air filter and the engine, front left as you sit in the driver seat.
    G

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information