+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 118537 pintguinness is an unknown quantity at this point pintguinness's Avatar

Yes | No

2010 Convertible–No More Auto Window Up & Down?

On my 645ci convertible, when you held the close convertible button . . . immediately after the convertible movement was complete, all the windows (4 + rear) went up in one continuous action. With my new 2010 650ci, it no longer works that way. After the roof is closed, you have to raise the 4 passenger windows using one window button in the armrest and the rear window using the other window button in the armrest. I hate this…..The dealer says that is because of a new law/safety measure or something or other that went into effect for 2010. Anyone know the scoop and/or any way to get around this change?

Registered Member
    Member No: 107311 cobradav is an unknown quantity at this point cobradav's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: 2010 Convertible–No More Auto Window Up & Down?

No, I was not aware of this new limitation.

Perhaps you could use a remote control. There is a new or relatively new aftermatket solution that was pretty cute (remote up and down). I cannot get to my source from work right now, but I will research tonight from home and get you the info. One caveat however, maybe it worked ok on the MY4-9 but might not be able to defeat the new MY10 safety feature as you describe. Anyway I will get you a contact.
    _______
    US '05 645 Coupe|Silver Grey|Chateau|Sport|Logic 7|HUD|Cold Pkg|SAT|AUX|BT w/ snap-in adapter|MP3|V1|CIP 31.00.00

www.bimmerdrivers.com

Registered Member
    Member No: 107311 cobradav is an unknown quantity at this point cobradav's Avatar

Yes | No

Here is a link to aftermarket option

https://www.wit-usa.com/sms/shop/index.php?mode=view&idlistpos=1

Remote Control mod

Again, you will have to contact them to see if it works with new MY10. You will also find thoperations and installation manuals there that may also help.

I have a friend with two M6 cabrios with this on each car and he loves it.

_______
    US '05 645 Coupe|Silver Grey|Chateau|Sport|Logic 7|HUD|Cold Pkg|SAT|AUX|BT w/ snap-in adapter|MP3|V1|CIP 31.00.00

www.bimmerdrivers.com

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information