+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 172784 super7 is an unknown quantity at this point super7's Avatar

Yes | No

suspension for 2001 E38

Hi there i need new control arms n other various parts for 2001 740IL sports pack. I found something on ebay and wanted to get feed back if i should go through with the purchase. below is a link to what i am looking to purchase. So would this be a good buy if i need both front and rear suspension parts. ALso since they will be tearing out suspension would it be wise to replace engine and tranny mounts as well?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350180170819&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fmotors.shop.ebay.com%3A80%2F__%3F_ from%3DR40%26_trksid%3Dm39%26_nkw%3D350180170819%2 6_fvi%3D1&_rdc=1

or enter the item# 350180170819 in search box for ebay.

thanks in advance Robert

Registered Member
    Member No: 97788 KRUZENBMWS is an unknown quantity at this point KRUZENBMWS's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Watch out for no-name junk...

I know over the years many board members have posted complaints regarding inferior e-bay replacement parts of all shapes and descriptions. Last year I did the job you describe, including struts, on my 2001 sport w/ 90k, as well as doing similar work on a 96 740iL several years before.
    I've had excellent results dealing w/ BMAparts.com and talking directly w/ Patrick Bright. Price will be close to double,but all the parts I installed were Lemforder, an OEM supplier. The control arms even included the "No Hooks for Towing" stickers! My 96 went an additional 65k miles w/ no problems and the 01 sport still drives like new 30k later.

Good Luck!

Rich

1995 840Ci Cardomain Link
    01 740i Sport
    95 840Ci
    96 740il sold

Registered Member

Yes | No

Re: Watch out for no-name junk...

thank you for ur response suprised it actually took so long to get one. did u look at the link? guy says they are made in germany. should i just bite the bullet on this purchase?

OB in VA

Yes | No

Always got good results from these folks

http://www. bmaparts.com/

Registered Member

Yes | No

Re: suspension for 2001 E38

just got an email from the guy selling these. he said they are made by Hamburg Technic in Germany. has anyone heard of this company?

Registered Member
    Member No: 97788 KRUZENBMWS is an unknown quantity at this point KRUZENBMWS's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: If your long term goal...

....is to keep the car for another 50k+ miles I would strongly recommend contacting Patrick Bright @ BMA after checking out their on-line offers. In addition to suspension(lemforder) I had great results w/ brake parts, jurid, ATE, Balo, all BMW OEM suppliers, along with all the cooling system parts our cars seem to crave every 60-70k.

Good Luck.

Rich

1995 840Ci Cardomain Link
    01 740i Sport
    95 840Ci
    96 740il sold

Registered Member

Yes | No

Re: If your long term goal...

thanks for your insights just trying to save money where ever posssible. your right though try doing some placxe else besides such an integral part of our cars. just got my car back from da dealers (3rd party Warranty) they said it is in extrremely good condition considering da age and milage. no signs of wear on susspension parts (ball joints, control arms,tie rods, links) SO maybe i will slowly start to compile parts so when the time comes i just have to pay for labor. might as well do it all in one lump sum instead of piece by piece.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information