+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Registered Member
    Member No: 11515 tranmkp is an unknown quantity at this point tranmkp's Avatar

Yes | No

745 radiator

Just wondering if the radiator is different for the 745 compared to the 735 - I broke off the upper neck this morning - damn plastic tanks...

KevinD

Yes | No

Re: 745 radiator

Comparing euro 745 to US 735 in RealOEM the radiator part numbers are different.

Google result on part number (17111707554) came up with $340 & free shipping from KO Performance:
    http://www.koperformance.com/online_...17111707554-75

Registered Member

Yes | No

Re: 745 radiator

Thanks for the fast reply - I decides to take the whole front of the car off today - just for a visual - goos thing to do - lots of little things get loose. bastard wiring for the lights by the certificating people - Finally have a chance to do it right - Course now would be a good time to switch out for the euro front - but it would be a hell of a lot of work...

Radiator is drained and ready to remove - questions

Can it be removed from the top and clear the hood?

Does the fan need to be removed?

Trans coolant lines - any issues with air in line?

KevinD

Yes | No

Answers...

I removed the fan to provide sufficient clearance to remove the radiator. No worries about air in the tranny fluid lines...the trans pump will take care of that. After installing the radiator, simply start up car and let it idle...and check the dipstick...shouldn't be too low on the cold mark because there is probably only about a half quart of ATF in the radiator.

Registered Member

Yes | No

745 radiator -Anyone know where one is??

Got the rad out - odd - I did not need the 32mm wrench - the fan does not even have a nut on it - besides I did not have to remove the fan anyway -

last 8 of the VIN are

maybe some of our brothers in the EU can help with this?

cheers

Registered Member
    Member No: 58142 ROYinGA is an unknown quantity at this point ROYinGA's Avatar

Yes | No

ECE 11/84 production. Ask on the other e23 boards.

Michael Puig

Yes | No

Re: 745 radiator complete and I may sell...

Radiator is in - 745 is different - and extra row. Put in a water pump and heater valve while I was at it -

Im thinking about selling the car - I love it but I have too many cars - I may retire soon, the wife wants a new car to go to all the national parks. I say hey the e23 could do it... but...

I dont want to give the car away. With as much money that has been spen I would want it go somewhere where its parked in a garage - these cars will rot if let out in the sun 24/7. At least all the plastic and rubber will rot.

The car needs nothing but paint - the clear coat is beginning to flake on the hood roof and boot. Thats it. Everything else has been done. I mean everything really.

If someone can give me a fair price and has a garage I will do it -

picture is before I modified the shocks to raise the rear end - wet susp has been removed. One note - I got a good price on some new wheels from a five series - fit nice with the centering rings - but oops fronts dont have clearance for the wheel rondels (sp?) - crap...

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information