+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 179359 healthexec is an unknown quantity at this point healthexec's Avatar

Yes | No

help! quits while driving or won't start at random

I have a 2003 CTS. I will be driving and as i'm pulling up to a stop light, or i'm driving less than 5 mph, the car just quits at random times and is very unpredictable. Or, after i have been driving it, and shut it off for about 20 minutes, and try to start it, it won't start. In these instances when i try to start it, the car turns over but just won't start. After the car sits for a while (30 mins) it usually starts back up again. I've wasted $$ on towing and once it is towed to the shop or home, it starts. Any ideas?????

Ron K

Yes | No

Re: help! quits while driving or won't start at random

My guess would be a bad crank position sensor, but only an inspection by a qualified mechanic will give you the right answer.

User Level 1
    Member No: 187091 donbav is an unknown quantity at this point donbav's Avatar

Yes | No
    My first guess would be bad wiring. Sometimes when you have corrosion in the wires, as they heat up it gets bad conductivity. If the wire is corroded inside the plastic, you wouldn't see it, but it would cause no more current flow after it has heated up.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 12.39.106.11

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information