+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 176536 chromisdesigns is an unknown quantity at this point chromisdesigns's Avatar

Yes | No

BMWNA scraps all the old-number HPFP's!

Had to take my '08 335i in this morning for the dreaded long crank syndrome -- probably needs a new HPFP. When I got there, the service writer mentioned that they had just gotten a memo from BMWNA last Friday instructing them to scrap ALL the old-part-number pumps they might have in stock, and to order and install ONLY the new-numbered pumps, now made by Continental. The old ones were Bosch.

Just in case your dealer didn't get the word, don't accept a replacement pump with the old part number -- insist on getting the new one.

I guess time will tell if the new pump solves the repeated failure problems.

Registered Member
    Member No: 99782 frogman57 is an unknown quantity at this point frogman57's Avatar

Yes | No

Do you have the part numbers??.....

If not, the paperwork will show the number and I would appreciate your posting it.

Mine was changed in November and I would like to ascertain exactly what was installed.

Thanks.

Registered Member
    Member No: 176536 chromisdesigns is an unknown quantity at this point chromisdesigns's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Do you have the part numbers??.....

the new pump part number ends in "943". I doubt you would have gotten it back in November, though.

Registered Member
    Member No: 99782 frogman57 is an unknown quantity at this point frogman57's Avatar

Yes | No

The warranty extension to 100K miles on the pump..

was issued only for '07 and '08 335 models. Supposedly a new improved pump was used in MY09.

I was told this was the pump installed on my car. Now you are telling me that they have changed pumps yet again. The part number I got was 13-51-7-592-881.

They dealer had a test prochedure, a service bulletin and BMW was well aware of the problem. I find it highly unlikely the original pump was installed.

Registered Member

Yes | No

Re: The warranty extension to 100K miles on the pump..

like it or not, that is the OLD part number, the same pump they have been using since '07! The new one only became available early this year.

Registered Member
    Member No: 98482 bmwtech2003 is an unknown quantity at this point bmwtech2003's Avatar

Yes | No

FYI. Long crank = reprogram with new software

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information