+ Reply to Thread
    mano

Yes | No

m vs si - need guidance

Starting the process of moving from z3 for z4, and am interested in either Z4 3.0si or M. I've seen several postings and most people say get the M if possible.
    However, a really dumb question, but does the air compressor in the trunk comprimize the space? Especially for golf clubs. Sorry to say it plays in the decision, but if can't get carry bag with clubs in it (and preferably 2 bags, it makes the decision harder to go for the M.
    I've driven many M cars in the past and LOVED the engine, suspension, and especially the stunning brakes, and would love to move to one in the Z4, but want to make sure before going and looking what others think and have experienced.
    thanks
    scott

M CRA Z

Yes | No

Re: m vs si - need guidance

The compressor kit is stored on top of the battery box, which is located at the right side of the differential/axle hump, under the top well. The battery being up in the trunk instead of under the trunk floor is the real problem with the M trunk space.

I don't golf, so I can't say how 2 carry bags would fit. I do know that for a long road trip you need to shop carefully for bags that will actually fit in,and use all the space.

Larry

mano

Yes | No

thanks....did you have other Z before the M and would you still buy the M?
    I am still trying to figure it out, usually takes me 6 months to move to next car (except for the 3 series that idiot rear ended and totalled), so it'll take me a while. Driven opm's over the years from m3's to m roadsters to m5 and loved every one, but recognize living daily is different from the lust i've gotten from a one day drive.

M CRA Z

Yes | No

My first and only other Z was a 2000 Z3 2.3 roadster. When I got involved with a group roadster trip on Rt 66 I knew I had to have more comfortable seats to be able to enjoy such a long trip! I looked at Z4s with M seats, but it was late in the model year and there wasn't much selection (2006). The dealer had the 06 M on the showroom floor. I thought it was overkill for my needs (I am not one who tracks or autocrosses), but I drove it and LOVED it! If you are into tracking or autocrossing or just want to get adventurous in the twisties the M is worth a fair premium over the others. The down side to the M though that I shudder to anticipate is the cost of major repairs down the road. Regular BMWs are expensive to maintain,
    and Ms are more expensive.

Larry

Registered Member
    Member No: 143055 BMWMZ is an unknown quantity at this point BMWMZ's Avatar

Yes | No

I have a 99-Z3M that I put 100K on. and loved it, in fact I still have it. However, I could not get one or even 2 golf bags in the trunk. I just got a 07-Z4M and find if I place the drivers on top of the bag I can make it fit in the trunk. Two bags? I'm not so sure. But the car is much more comfortable and with 100 hp over the Z3M it is quite a ride.

Registered Member
    Member No: 96604 XZ-Driver is an unknown quantity at this point XZ-Driver's Avatar

Yes | No

I just purchased a 2006 Z4 M and I can tell you that you definately can fit a carry golf bag without removing any clubs. The battery/compressor does not influence the number of bags since you need the entire width over the rear wheels to get all the clubs to fit. The only way I can see two bags would be if they were both soft bags. BTW I believe the trunk of the Z4 M is still larger than my previous Z3. I also believe the power is amazing and the ride improved over my 2000 Z3 2.3.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information