+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Registered Member
    Member No: 27917 sew is an unknown quantity at this point sew's Avatar

Yes | No

RTABs and rear shock mounts

Just finished a complete refresh of the front suspension: control arms, stab bushings, links, LCABs, and tie rods.

Now before I get an alignment I thought I would do the rear trailing arm bushings. So do I use stock bushings and shims or possibly the "street friendly" ones from rogue? I dont want any squeaking or to have to put grease on them. This car has a ground control track/street struts and rear shocks but never gets tracked but feels oh so good on the winding mountain roads.

Lastly, is there any reason to install the rear shock reinforcements if a car is never tracked? Do the E36s mounts wear badly like the E30s do after a bunch of years? My M3 is a 1998 and currently shows no damage at the mounting points.

Sorry for the long winded question. Thanks in advance.

Registered Member
    Member No: 18072 mnm is an unknown quantity at this point mnm's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: RTABs and rear shock mounts

I just did mine on my '95. It doesn't cost that much to add the reinforcements, so I did for added insurance.
    ;?) Mike
    '95 M3 Baby
    '94 325is SOLD
    '87 535is Clutch fixed
    '85 528e will run forever
    '81 735i SOLD

jim217

Yes | No

Re: RTABs and rear shock mounts

Reinforcement plates are chep insurance - be sure to install correctly!! The beveled edge faces down against the existing sheet metal.

Use latest E4 6M3/E86 Z4M bushings p/n 33 32 6 770 817. This probably is the bushing Rogue sells. By all means install the shims - cheap insurance again. This should be the last time the bushings will need to be replaced.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information