+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 179582 sfbrain is an unknown quantity at this point sfbrain's Avatar

Yes | No

Sat Nav - can you upgrade ?

Hi Guys

I've got a 2004 645Ci with Business SatNav (no Maps), can this system be upgraded to a version with maps ???

Cheers guys

Steve

Registered Member
    Member No: 107311 cobradav is an unknown quantity at this point cobradav's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Sat Nav - can you upgrade ?

Anything is possible, but it is expensive althoug hI am also told there are some large displays being sold on ebay. Here in the US all 6ers come with SAT NAV as standard, so I assume you are elsewhere in the world.

Electronics wise and probably display wise the e60 (5 series) is identical and I know of several UK and other EURO based folks that have done the upgrade I believe but I will go take a look and see if I can get more details.
    _______
    US '05 645 Coupe|Silver Grey|Chateau|Sport|Logic 7|HUD|Cold Pkg|SAT|AUX|BT w/ snap-in adapter|MP3|V1|CIP 31.00.00

www.bimmerdrivers.com

Registered Member
    Member No: 94996 jmsprint is an unknown quantity at this point jmsprint's Avatar

Yes | No

Just upgraded mine

BMW are doing a deal in the UK for European satnav, its 120 for a 2010 DVD that slots straight in.

Registered Member
    Member No: 107311 cobradav is an unknown quantity at this point cobradav's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Sat Nav - can you upgrade ? - update

Well now I have even seen upgrades to the new hard drive based iDrive including SATNAV. One recently documented on a E6x five series but electronics wise all the same as the 6 series. About $3k in the US including a coding update from a person in Europe that is done with your own laptop connected (cable provided in the coding update cost) to vehicle. If you are starting from no NAV at all I suspect this might be the way to go for the most bang for the buck. If you need more details I can provide a link or possibly an email address.

_______
    US '05 645 Coupe|Silver Grey|Chateau|Sport|Logic 7|HUD|Cold Pkg|SAT|AUX|BT w/ snap-in adapter|MP3|V1|CIP 31.00.00

www.bimmerdrivers.com

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information