+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 2 of 2
Thread: Front headlight not working
02-27-2010 08:50 PM #1
- , , United StatesMember No: 178356
- Join Date
- Dec 2009
- Rep Power
Front headlight not working
The front right headlight on my 1983 E21 works only intermittently. It was working for the past couple weeks until I took it in to get inspected. Of course, it stopped working. I just replaced the headlight and it is still not working. What could be causing this?
02-27-2010 11:26 PM #2
Re: Front headlight not working - some ideas
1. Fuse is corroded or does not seat tightly in the prongs. Try cleaning with emery cloth and bending the prongs a bit.
2. The ground wire is loose or is not screwed down tightly. The cure is cleaning.
3. Relay bad? I think 1 and 2 are more likely.
4. Wire has a break somewhere? Again, probably not as likely as items 1 and 2.
Do you have H4 lamps or the original USA-style sealed beams?
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)