+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 152063 salihf is an unknown quantity at this point salihf's Avatar

Yes | No

Car/Ignition Not Cranking

Hi All,

having an issue with my car today.. Started the car up fine this morning, then after 10 minutes driving noticed my battery light was constantly on, so i just about got home as the car felt like it was losing power and would not accelerate properly (even though i could rev it). Now the car will not start or even crank. all my lights are ok, but the car does nothing (no auto-start), when trying to start. So, i checked test #9 and it gave a reading of 11.4v (3 1/2 yr old battery). I bought a brand new heavy duty battery which showed 12.6v on obc test #9. Haven't checked the fuel pump relay yet, could this be the issue? not sure if it's the alternator/belt as it should crank with a new battery on..
    many thanks, Sal

Peter/E24

Yes | No

Sounds like your alt is dead and sucking juice

from batt.

salihf

Yes | No

Re: Car/Ignition Not Cranking

Looking at the forums, it seems as if it is the EWS immobiliser has got corrupted or needs replacing , thus not recognising the key, due to the weak battery. I think it's time to visit the dealer. I'm not sure anyone else can fix this :(

salihf

Yes | No

Issue Fixed!! :)

Had my car towed to BMW main dealer. They basically told me that my previous battery had totally died and that caused the battery light to come on, which in turn messed the alignment up of the EWS immobiliser. They diagnosed the fault and re-aligned EWS, charged me half an hour labour, all in all excellent service.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information