+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Registered Member
    Member No: 173471 jwm54 is an unknown quantity at this point jwm54's Avatar

Yes | No

Diagnostic and reset tools E46

Hi, Has anyone had experience with the Carsoft 6.5 software. I need to get something for my 2000 323i (e46). I have a chance to buy the Carsoft 6.5 and a B-800 airbag light reset tool. Any input folks?

User Level 8
    Member No: 59049 hoscarnag has a little shameless behaviour in the past hoscarnag's Avatar

Yes | No

sorry...nothing here

Photobucket
    2008 335i Coupe Alpine PP SP CWP Saddle Heated Seats Comfort Access Sirius iPod PS2s(non-RF!)

Registered Member
    Member No: 179763 cgdR is an unknown quantity at this point cgdR's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Diagnostic and reset tools E46

I bought the PA Soft 1.3.6 scanner on eBay (about $35). It connects to the 20-pin connector under the hood (somehow the under-dash did not connect) and it reads and resets codes for lots of processors, including Engine, ABS, SRS, and about 10 others. The hardware is perfect, but the software is EXTREMELY limited. It is hard to figure out the code numbers, especially for codes other than OBD.

I initially bought it to diagnose an airbag warning light. I was able to download tables for the SRS and used them to determine that it was a passenger sensor problem. I then used the tool to reset it before I ordered the part but the warning never came back. Therefore, the tool has paid itself 10 times over on the first usage!

Registered Member
    Member No: 173471 jwm54 is an unknown quantity at this point jwm54's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Diagnostic and reset tools E46

Thanks for the come-back guys. I don't need to diagnose the airbag light. Like a bonehead, I turned on the ignition while doing a window regulator repair and the computer recorded the error. I know the system components are good, I was just trying to find out what will reset the light and what the Carsoft 6.5 will actually do. I went ahead and ordered a B-800 tool for the airbag reset and also ordered the Carsoft 6.5 for other diagnostics in the future.

Registered Member
    Member No: 171251 phillybob001 is an unknown quantity at this point phillybob001's Avatar

Yes | No

Where under the hood is the 20 pin connector?

cgdR

Yes | No

Re: Where under the hood is the 20 pin connector?

On a MY00 323i, it's next to the ABS module. I think that newer models have a different connector.
    Folow the link for several connector locations.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information