+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 83459 VertheinMD is an unknown quantity at this point VertheinMD's Avatar

Yes | No

I can't figure out what is going on -- any ideas?

Just got back from the wheel shop and they tell me my balance is perfect and my 4-month-old Michelins look fine. There goes the cheap answer. Before I give the car over to my shop for an expensive Easter egg hunt, I was wondering if anybody had any guesses about what could be causing the following problem: A few miles into my drive my front end starts to sound like a tank, like I have major flat spots on my tires or something is wobbling around. There isnít a noticeable pull on the car, but there is some vibration. After another mile or two the problem disappears and Iím back to a smooth ride. I thought that my calipers might not be releasing properly once the car heats up, but that doesnít explain the sudden onset of the problem while highway driving (no brake use). I thought a bad wheel bearing could be the problem, but I donít hear a whine, and I donít know why the problem would fade after a few miles. Iíve never heard of a tire that is fine cold, warps as it heats, then is fine hot, so I canít imagine a tire defect. Iím stumped. Any ideas?

Registered Member
    Member No: 11220 m_power is an unknown quantity at this point m_power's Avatar

Yes | No

What about the suspension links?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information