+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Registered Member
    Member No: 172711 06BMW750LI is an unknown quantity at this point 06BMW750LI's Avatar

Yes | No

Lost hood badge

Well, lost our first badge on the hood. Was in Gainesville FL and the next morning saw waht we thought was a leaf stuckin the hood and went to go pull it... No leaf but part of the glue material holding the badge. Took it to a car wash before G'Ville so I am being optomistic the (auto- Mr. Soapy's) carwash pulled it off. Once these things have disappeared does the replacements adhere as good as the originals?

Registered Member
    Member No: 58142 ROYinGA is an unknown quantity at this point ROYinGA's Avatar

Yes | No

I think so as long as you clean the old off good.

CenTex

Yes | No

Re: I think so as long as you clean the old off go

You do mean the Roundel emblem, right? Its a plastic piece that has 2 pins. These pins push into 2 grommets that mount the badge. You just need to pry up the "chrome" plastic base and replace the whole thing. Usually the two grommets are okay and don't need to be replaced. To pry it up, try using a thin screwdriver resting on a microfiber cloth. Be careful or you'll do some serious paint damage.

06BMW750LI

Yes | No

Re: I think so as long as you clean the old off go

We had the dealer replace it, 29.00 out the door. Been very pleased with the dealer, lloks as though cheaper to have it installed then to buy it from the link you provide Roy in GA. Knock on wood have been very lucky with our local, even considering the fact we did not purchase the car there.

Registered Member
    Member No: 58142 ROYinGA is an unknown quantity at this point ROYinGA's Avatar

Yes | No

That site has parts numbers but unrealalistic pric

Geez Tech

Yes | No

Try vipgermanparts.com

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information