+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 180179 crpone is an unknown quantity at this point crpone's Avatar

Yes | No

New CD Player Kit

I would like to get the whole CD Deck in my 2001 325i replaced, but I don't want to alter the original framing at all. Meaning if I wanted to put the factory CD deck back in, it would fit as it does now. I have been looking at getting a GPS, bluetooth, IPod, CD, DVD, and Sirius radio all in one unit. However, I want it to be installed in the dash, and not being one of those units that flip out everytime. Does anyone have any suggestions of which one I should buy and what size it should be? or even where could I find the information at?

Thank You

c.d.iesel

Yes | No

Re: New CD Player Kit

put the factory CD deck back in, it would fit as it does now. I have been looking at getting a GPS, bluetooth, IPod, CD, DVD, and Sirius radio all in one unit. However, I want it to be installed in the dash, and not being one of those units that flip out everytime. Does anyone have any suggestions ?

yea - sure fire death to your cars electrical system

new unsolvable electrical draws killing your battery

and a curse to the eventual next owner

why not just drive, with the great original system already there?

Albert W

Yes | No

Re: New CD Player Kit

If you need to research upgrading the electronics in your Bimmer you would be better served searching the E46 Fanatics board. From my experience posts like yours are either ignored or flamed here.

Good Luck.

E46 Fanatics

floydr

Yes | No

More trouble than they're worth is the opinion

Look, many people here like the integration available with the OEM stuff. If you change the deck, you have to put in a new amp, you may have to re-wire or put in new speakers. You lose the steering wheel controls, bluetooth, the trunk-mounted changer, etc. Many installers are hosers and don't know what they're doing and blow the other electronics, etc.

It's not that we don't like good sound, but it's just too much trouble for most of the regulars: better to buy what you want.

And on a personal rant, MP3 sucks so why do you want anything less than a cd player.

Albert W

Yes | No

Re: More trouble than they're worth is the opinion

Now you must me kidding me... CD's are terrible. Analog and Vinyl are the way to go. Just wish the needle wouldn't skip everytime I brake.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information