+ Reply to Thread
    tcek

Yes | No

unknown cable

Found this cable sticking out between my shifter column and the passenger seat. Previous owner messed with an after market radio and i think this may have something to do with it but not real sure. Check our pic and advise. THanks

04 325Xi

tcek

Yes | No

Re: unknown cable

Try again for pic of unknown cable between shifter column and passenger seat

http://www.box.net/shared/s0lpyxsuqo

Registered Member
    Member No: 93023 Stinger9 is on a distinguished road Stinger9's Avatar

Yes | No

Yeah, sure; looks like the end of the cable

that is supposed to get mounted in the glove box normally for the aux-in on your business radio. (could be the ipod input alternately)
    Use the selection switch on your radio to select AUX in and then use a male to male connector to plug in your ipod or whatever mp3 device you choose for output. See if it plays on your car system.

c.d.iesel

Yes | No

your right - not Original to the car

Registered Member
    Member No: 136377 PKile is an unknown quantity at this point PKile's Avatar

Yes | No

Yes that's an OEM aux input , not fully installed

I concur with Stinger9 on this one. I installed the OEM auxiliary input cable in my 330, and the input jack looked just like that before completing the installation. There is supposed to be a knurled nut that screws onto the threaded portion, the cable is designed to be installed through a hole you drill in the glovebox liner, insert the cable from the back, and secure it in place with the knurled nut. The cable was also supplied with a metal plate that says "AUX INPUT".

I installed mine per the "my330i dotcom" writeup (google "BMW aux audio input kit"), where I removed the switch strip just above the ashtray, and bored a hole in one of the unused button positions. I left off the cheesy-looking metal plate and just used the knurled nut to hold the jack in place. Looks very sanitary and Factory.

As Stinger9 noted, if you cycle the MODE switch on your radio, you should see AUX come up on the display. Plug an MP3 player into the jack and you should be golden.

My only caveat is that you should secure the jack to a surface, to prevent flexing of the cable near the jack end. There are electronic components under the heatshrink portion of the cable, and plugging/unplugging into the loose cable could damage the cable over time.

Cheers,
    Paul Kile

tcek

Yes | No

Re: Yeah, sure; looks like the end of the cable

yep....auxillary imput for radio. thank guys

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information