+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 33835 jszeto is an unknown quantity at this point jszeto's Avatar

Yes | No

has anyone used EZ chill for AC recharge?

My AC is not blowing cold, so I am thinking of using EZ Chill R-134a refrigerant refill kit+gauge($20). Online videos show that the use is pretty straightforward, surely saves $100+ trip to indies. Anyone with good experience with this product?

Registered Member
    Member No: 4328 jimlev will become famous soon enough jimlev will become famous soon enough jimlev's Avatar

Yes | No

I've used this and other brands but not on my E39(

Never have a cooling problem with my 540...knock on wood.
    The last 2 winter beaters, Taurus and Sable needed recharging after they were 7-8 years old. It worked fine for me without any problems.
    The E39 is more complicated, however I see nothing wrong with adding a little to your system to see if cooling improves. You may not know how much to add for the best efficiency but a 5 second squirt of R-134a should make some improvement. Stick a thermometer in the vent to record the before and after temps. A second squirt may be needed, just don't over do it.
    If you lose cold air in a day or two you have a leak and should get it addressed before you add more to the system.

Would help a lot here. Thks! Eurodavid
    Member No: Would help a lot here. Thks!   Eurodavid's Avatar

Yes | No

JS, can u do a mini writeup w/ pics if you do it?

Registered Member
    Member No: 133586 nnunez is an unknown quantity at this point nnunez's Avatar

Yes | No

I used it years ago and it seemed to work fine.

2000 540i Sport in Houston, TX

Registered Member
    Member No: 33835 jszeto is an unknown quantity at this point jszeto's Avatar

Yes | No

paid an indie $80 to recharge AC instead

I checked out EZ chill some more, not too sure about all the additional stuff(oil, sealer, booster, etc, etc) in it, and it costed $30. The gauge on the can looks cheap, and I don't want to trust the pressure readings on it.

I ended up paying $80 to have an indie doing the job and checking fault codes(which looked ok), so have to see if this is money well spent or not.

sktn77a

Yes | No

Smart Move................

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information