+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Registered Member
    Member No: 129783 kostverloren is an unknown quantity at this point kostverloren's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: New Z3 Owner. I am excited!

Do not get the metal impellared one. Get the composit impellar or just buy a Stewart high performance water pump. Kostverloren

wynlover

Yes | No

Welcome to the club! I'm in TR - NJ

Registered Member
    Member No: 6581 jtp is an unknown quantity at this point jtp's Avatar

Yes | No

LOL! You never cease to amaze

Could Scott have mentioned that he was president of the ZSCCA? Sure. Does his lack of mentioning that when simply providing someone with a link to a website and suggesting that they check it out because he thinks it's a worthwhile organization mean that he is "unethical?" NO.

And even if it really mattered, you could have approached it in a much less accusatory manner. Oh well.

And no, I am NOT a member of the ZSCCA, just a long-time board member that thinks your remark out-of-line.

JTP
    '00 Bright Red II, Black, Black 2.3

PERFORMANCE: Dinan Stage II suspension, Dinan strut tower brace, Porterfield R4S brake pads, Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3 tires, UNGO MS8300 alarm, Doug Whalen Seat Bushings, Sylvania Silverstar headlights and fog lights. MAINTENANCE: Peake Research R5/fcx-II and SRS Reset Tools, Mity-Vac oil evacuator w/ brake bleeder, BMW Battery Tender. COSMETICS: Dinan Badge, OEM chrome exhaust tips, Magnetic stone guards, Roundel valve stem caps, Trunk-mounted Dragon sticker, WI plates: RES IPSA. COMFORT: Premium Package, Heated sport seats, “Z3 Roadster” heated vest (for wife), In-dash CD, LeatherZ MarkII armrest, OEM mesh windscreen. CAR CARE: Porter Cable random orbit buffer, Meguiars car care products, NOAH car cover, Plexus, Raggtop. EXTRAS: Z3Solutions warning triangle.

My Home Page

Registered Member
    Member No: 95616 scottpettit is an unknown quantity at this point scottpettit's Avatar

Yes | No

I just realized what he is referring to...more

Most of the forums that I am on automatically insert my signature and avatar. This one does not and sometimes I forget to do it myself.

Otherwise, when I read BMV's post I though that I had done something else to offend him or her. I know that my ethics are in check but since I offended someone, I will be more careful about ID'ing myself.

Scott Pettit
    President
    ZSCCA

PS: Thanks for your post, though.

Registered Member

Yes | No

You have never hid your affiliation

To anyone who has spent any time on the board in the past year, you have clearly announced your affiliation with ZSCCA. You aren't hiding that by any stretch. In this instance, is was a newbie, so it was at worst unfortunate that the sig issue was overlooked. But still not some sort of ethical collapse by any stretch - heck, all you did was suggest the person check out the web page!

For some reason, bmv was not able to make a friendly observation to make clear that you are involved with the group. Instead, he had to take a pretty aggressive shot at your ethics. Now THAT is unfortunate!

As I noted, I'm not a member of ZSCCA. Just never caught my interest for some reason. But for those that are involved, more power to you to keep the community alive and active. Take the friendly fire with a grain of salt!

JTP

PERFORMANCE: Dinan Stage II suspension, Dinan strut tower brace, Porterfield R4S brake pads, Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3 tires, UNGO MS8300 alarm, Doug Whalen Seat Bushings, Sylvania Silverstar headlights and fog lights. MAINTENANCE: Peake Research R5/fcx-II and SRS Reset Tools, Mity-Vac oil evacuator w/ brake bleeder, BMW Battery Tender. COSMETICS: Dinan Badge, OEM chrome exhaust tips, Magnetic stone guards, Roundel valve stem caps, Trunk-mounted Dragon sticker, WI plates: RES IPSA. COMFORT: Premium Package, Heated sport seats, “Z3 Roadster” heated vest (for wife), In-dash CD, LeatherZ MarkII armrest, OEM mesh windscreen. CAR CARE: Porter Cable random orbit buffer, Meguiars car care products, NOAH car cover, Plexus, Raggtop. EXTRAS: Z3Solutions warning triangle.

My Home Page

Registered Member
    Member No: 95616 scottpettit is an unknown quantity at this point scottpettit's Avatar

Yes | No

I always do take things with a grain of salt...

followed by a really big beer.

Just kidding.

I cut out salt.

Scott

Steve D (AL)

Yes | No

Brake fluid

Welcome! Only 17K miles -- wow, that's not much. It is hard to believe the water pump would be in danger of failing at that mileage, but I don't know, maybe just sitting there does take a toll on the pump.

The brake fluid flush is not hard to do and it should be done every couple years because brake fluid likes to absorb moisture from the environment. You can buy various tools to allow you to do it by yourself using vacuum or pressure, but if you have a helper (a 6 year old can probably do it), then you don't need any special brake bleeding tools (the helper just has to push the brake pedal on your command).

In general, if you are a DIY'er, you'll want to purchase a service manual that will help guide you through this and other tasks. I have the Bentley "BMW Z3 Service Manual" and I think most others do, but I see it has gotten rather expensive (never was cheap though). I also see that Chilton has a manual that covers the Z3 along with the 3 series. I don't have any experience with that one though.

Registered Member
    Member No: 100814 prdz3 is an unknown quantity at this point prdz3's Avatar

Yes | No

Kids are okay, but if all you have is your wife

to help, pay the $40 and get a pressure bleeder. Believe me, it's worth it.
    Phil '97 1.9 Montreal Blue

Registered Member
    Member No: 17007 eastender is an unknown quantity at this point eastender's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Brake fluid

Thanks Steve - Yes the condition of the car tells the mileage. It was an older lady's car and she only drove it in the Wisconsin summer. Yes I drove it back from Wisconsin to NJ :-) Loved it!

I am planning on getting the manual. I do a fair bit of work on my 2000 e46. Although time has been a challenge lately. Luckily, I have a very good friend who has a garage and he is always there if I need his help.

Can't wait to enjoy the car this weekend!

Registered Member
    Member No: 36881 dpak is an unknown quantity at this point dpak's Avatar

Yes | No

Wow, its nice to see there are still some low

mileage cars out there. agree with the whalen, also check out Turner Motor Sports computer remapping and for sure, Strong-strut.com.

This is a great chatboard with a lot of good info on it. Check out the ZSCCA, for more fun,Clazzic Don-NC
    '00 2.3 Hellrot II Roadster - TESSI, WSM(C), Z3ST
    If this is "midlife crisis," I'll take it

Registered Member
    Member No: 29003 AR67Duetto is an unknown quantity at this point AR67Duetto's Avatar

Yes | No

make me a burrito, buttdart

~bmv

Registered Member

Yes | No

Proud of that one?

JTP

My Home Page

Registered Member
    Member No: 146192 s-retire is an unknown quantity at this point s-retire's Avatar

Yes | No

Now that was very funny!!!

Registered Member
    Member No: 146192 s-retire is an unknown quantity at this point s-retire's Avatar

Yes | No

Go Ahead, Join

At a bare minimum it worth the $25. I just wish I could remember to send it in regularly.

Registered Member

Yes | No

I'd be surprised if you got a call...

from the resident TROLL.

Registered Member

Yes | No

I agree,

I installed a Stewart a few years ago. It wasn't cheap, but I still think it was a good idea.

One of those prevention practices that you never know if it was the best idea.

Registered Member

Yes | No

Welcome

Your first thoughts are good ones. There are many other things to consider, but don't overwhelm yourself right away. Take it slow. I'll bet many of the things you've learned with the 323 will apply to the 2.8.

Happy motoring. Come on out to Valencia for Z-Fest. We'd all like to meet you. Hopefully there will be people from all over the country there.

Registered Member

Yes | No

I love this board....

always a good laugh.

Thanks

Registered Member
    Member No: 17007 eastender is an unknown quantity at this point eastender's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Welcome

Thank you. Appreciate your responses on this thread. I love this board!

Registered Member

Yes | No

Re: Wow, its nice to see there are still some low

Thank you. I am very happy with my purchase. Appreciate the information you have provided here. I am making notes!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread Information