+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Registered Member
    Member No: 29003 AR67Duetto is an unknown quantity at this point AR67Duetto's Avatar

Yes | No

Don't you mean, I can call 'them' ? :-)

~bmv

Registered Member
    Member No: 146192 s-retire is an unknown quantity at this point s-retire's Avatar

Yes | No

If you read it carefully, you'll see...

he was very clear.

Registered Member
    Member No: 6581 jtp is an unknown quantity at this point jtp's Avatar

Yes | No

Careful or he will call you a name and order food

Not sure why, but whatever!

JTP
    '00 Bright Red II, Black, Black 2.3

PERFORMANCE: Dinan Stage II suspension, Dinan strut tower brace, Porterfield R4S brake pads, Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3 tires, UNGO MS8300 alarm, Doug Whalen Seat Bushings, Sylvania Silverstar headlights and fog lights. MAINTENANCE: Peake Research R5/fcx-II and SRS Reset Tools, Mity-Vac oil evacuator w/ brake bleeder, BMW Battery Tender. COSMETICS: Dinan Badge, OEM chrome exhaust tips, Magnetic stone guards, Roundel valve stem caps, Trunk-mounted Dragon sticker, WI plates: RES IPSA. COMFORT: Premium Package, Heated sport seats, “Z3 Roadster” heated vest (for wife), In-dash CD, LeatherZ MarkII armrest, OEM mesh windscreen. CAR CARE: Porter Cable random orbit buffer, Meguiars car care products, NOAH car cover, Plexus, Raggtop. EXTRAS: Z3Solutions warning triangle.

My Home Page

Registered Member
    Member No: 29003 AR67Duetto is an unknown quantity at this point AR67Duetto's Avatar

Yes | No

But not dishonest. That seems to be your gift, No?

Registered Member

Yes | No

I just call them like I see them.

JTP

PERFORMANCE: Dinan Stage II suspension, Dinan strut tower brace, Porterfield R4S brake pads, Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3 tires, UNGO MS8300 alarm, Doug Whalen Seat Bushings, Sylvania Silverstar headlights and fog lights. MAINTENANCE: Peake Research R5/fcx-II and SRS Reset Tools, Mity-Vac oil evacuator w/ brake bleeder, BMW Battery Tender. COSMETICS: Dinan Badge, OEM chrome exhaust tips, Magnetic stone guards, Roundel valve stem caps, Trunk-mounted Dragon sticker, WI plates: RES IPSA. COMFORT: Premium Package, Heated sport seats, “Z3 Roadster” heated vest (for wife), In-dash CD, LeatherZ MarkII armrest, OEM mesh windscreen. CAR CARE: Porter Cable random orbit buffer, Meguiars car care products, NOAH car cover, Plexus, Raggtop. EXTRAS: Z3Solutions warning triangle.

My Home Page

Registered Member

Yes | No

Yep, you can't see things honestly either...

~bmv

Registered Member

Yes | No

You keep telling yourself that.

May not make it true, but at least you can feel better about your original comment to Scott and your ridiculous, juvenile response to me. Go ahead, have the last word. . . I know it just kills you to leave something sit there, right!?

JTP

My Home Page

Registered Member

Yes | No

...until now.

In this instance, is was a newbie, so it was at worst unfortunate that the sig issue was overlooked.

How long?! You've been here how long, and you're still not astute enough to notice when certain people are preying on newbies?! Especially, considering what your buttbuddy from Cedar Rapids, IA used to do?!?! Pathetic! Not the funny kind of pathetic, the sad kind...

Registered Member

Yes | No

Seriously!?

You seriously think that a simple suggestion to a newbie seeking information on our cars that they check out the ZSCCA web site is "preying!?" Seriously!? The guy came here to express his excitement and seeking information. Scott, who regularly identifies himself as being with the ZSCCA, pointed him to a potential resource that could provide information AND hook the guy up with others who are also excited about their cars. He didn't strong-arm the guy into going there. He didn't blow smoke up the guy's a$$ that the ZSCCA would give him superpowers. He just suggested that they guy check out the page. If the guy liked it, great. If not, fine. But the simple fact that Scott forgot to include his affiliation with the ZSCCA does NOT equate to "preying" on a newbie.

I may not always see the good in people or situations, but damn I'm glad I don't have your pessimistic outlook.

Or is there more to this that YOU aren't acknowledging? You could have kindly pointed out the connection rather than attacking Scott's ethics and accusing him of "preying on newbies." But instead, you took the low road. So, do YOU have some beef with Scott or the ZSCCA that is motivating YOUR attack? Are YOU not being fully forthright? Or maybe, just maybe, did you have a bad morning and you are now wishing you had taken a little bit more tactful approach? Check the mirror.

Yeah, I know - you want to call me a juvenile name again and order some food. Whatever.

JTP

My Home Page

Registered Member
    Member No: 167837 Bob2.8 is an unknown quantity at this point Bob2.8's Avatar

Yes | No

Fixation

Does your analyst know about your [Oops!] fixation? Gee I thought there were posting guidelines.

NorthZ

Yes | No

Re: ...until now.

Actually, the only one being underhanded is the person making the accusation. I am somewhat of a newbie to this forum and I didn't think there was anything wrong with the information presented.

No one is being forced to join anything.

Registered Member
    Member No: 95616 scottpettit is an unknown quantity at this point scottpettit's Avatar

Yes | No

My offer to talk still stands.....

Scott Pettit

209-480-2271
    [email protected]

and in case you have forgotten, I am the PRESIDENT of the ZSCCA. An organization that I am VERY proud of.

Registered Member

Yes | No

Re: ...until now.

Um, not really the issue here…

Registered Member

Yes | No

Re: Fixation

Does your analyst know about your [Oops!] fixation?

That’s a fair point. I’m inclined to say that it may seem that way only because a$$holes like JTP(WI) and the others in their gaggle have been chasing me around, sniffing my a$$ for fiber...for years. So, I can certainly see where you’re coming from.

Gee I thought there were postingguidelines.

There are. And, I’ve always understood the 1st rule of Roadfly to be: If you see something you don’t like, don’t read it. The Delicate Little Flowers among us seem to be uncomfortable with that, IMO. All I can say is that this forum is actually tame compared to some of the other forums on Roadfly.

Another guideline is no stalking. One member of the aforementioned gaggle has been stalking me for quite some time; calling me things far worse than ‘buttdart’.

Yet another guideline is the prohibition against impersonation, for reasons that should be obvious.

In any event, I’m most definitely not innocent in these situations. So, I’ll apologize to you for any inconvenience caused by my part in the hostilities. In the future, when you observe JTP(WI) attacking me personally, I’d suggest that you ignore it.

Registered Member

Yes | No

Seriously!

GFY. Seriously!

Well, which is it?! Were you telling the truth when you said, he’s “never hid” affiliation, Y/N?

***WARNING***
    Note that your two relevant replies have been copied & pasted below, as you originally posted them – just in case you’re thinking of editing ‘em after the fact. Similar to what I had to do during the ‘Brett Favre’ argument, remember?

Well, Y/N? Never means never.

And, spare me, SPARE ME(!), the potential egregious insult that it was just an oversight. Oversights are tantamount to ‘honest mistakes’. How do people generally react when they hear a lawyer/politician/car salesman say, “It was an honest mistake.”???

http://bimmer.roadfly.com/bmw/forums/z3/9489785-1.html

Author: JTP(WI) on 2010-04-28 at 11:23:34 (Roadfly member #6581; Roadfly Inner Circle member since 2003-01-22)

Subject: Seriously!? (20 views)

Message: You seriously think that a simple suggestion to a newbie seeking information on our cars that they check out the ZSCCA web site is "preying!?" Seriously!? The guy came here to express his excitement and seeking information. Scott, who regularly identifies himself as being with the ZSCCA, pointed him to a potential resource that could provide information AND hook the guy up with others who are also excited about their cars. He didn't strong-arm the guy into going there. He didn't blow smoke up the guy's a$$ that the ZSCCA would give him superpowers. He just suggested that they guy check out the page. If the guy liked it, great. If not, fine. But the simple fact that Scott forgot to include his affiliation with the ZSCCA does NOT equate to "preying" on a newbie.

I may not always see the good in people or situations, but damn I'm glad I don't have your pessimistic outlook.

Or is there more to this that YOU aren't acknowledging? You could have kindly pointed out the connection rather than attacking Scott's ethics and accusing him of "preying on newbies." But instead, you took the low road. So, do YOU have some beef with Scott or the ZSCCA that is motivating YOUR attack? Are YOU not being fully forthright? Or maybe, just maybe, did you have a bad morning and you are now wishing you had taken a little bit more tactful approach? Check the mirror.

Yeah, I know - you want to call me a juvenile name again and order some food. Whatever.

JTP

My Home Page

---

http://bimmer.roadfly.com/bmw/forums/z3/9486513-1.html

Author: JTP(WI) on 2010-04-22 at 15:02:30 (Roadfly member #6581; Roadfly Inner Circle member since 2003-01-22)

Subject: You have never hid your affiliation (72 views)

Message: To anyone who has spent any time on the board in the past year, you have clearly announced your affiliation with ZSCCA. You aren't hiding that by any stretch. In this instance, is was a newbie, so it was at worst unfortunate that the sig issue was overlooked. But still not some sort of ethical collapse by any stretch - heck, all you did was suggest the person check out the web page!

For some reason, bmv was not able to make a friendly observation to make clear that you are involved with the group. Instead, he had to take a pretty aggressive shot at your ethics. Now THAT is unfortunate!

As I noted, I'm not a member of ZSCCA. Just never caught my interest for some reason. But for those that are involved, more power to you to keep the community alive and active. Take the friendly fire with a grain of salt!

JTP

My Home Page

---

Registered Member

Yes | No

Thank you.

However, since you’ve declined to answer my repeated questions in the recent past about Zfest, I’m not sure what would be the point now.

In no way am I saying that you should’ve answered my Q’s, just that you didn’t. It’s entirely your prerogative(s). Fine. No problems.

I trust you & I would agree that, if it were JTP(WI) making such an offer, it would likely be a disingenuous attempt to deceive any casual observers.

Registered Member

Yes | No

Send rest of gaggle

Frankly I’m a little curious as to where the rest of your fellow gagglers are? Only three (I think), of you so far. Why?

IME, there’s a reasonable possibility that my earlier forecast has proved accurate. As I recall, I indicated to you the last time you’re attacking me that, sooner or later they’d realize you’ve been leading them down the wrong path. For ease of discussion, ~50% are likely to be smarter than me so, since I can see thru your bullsh!t, they will too.

Your childish attempt to get the last word, right here, by falsely accusing me of doing the same isn’t that clever. What are you, a 12 y.o. girl?! Next, you’ll fabricate a survey that everyone hates me. Then, you’ll pretend you don’t have the time anymore [unlike always having the time to try to get the last word], but vow to go after me at a later time. Go for it…

Registered Member

Yes | No

You posted nothing there to show otherwise

I stand by my assertion - Scott has made it VERY well known his association with ZSCCA. One (even a couple) oversights is not tantamount to "preying" or a breach of ethics. And nothing that you posted here refutes that in any way, shape or form.

Listen, bmv, FOUR separate people, (only ONE of which I have ever interacted with, so stop with the paranoid "gaggle" crap) have now called you on your conduct here. If four people have taken the bother to comment, there are most certainly many more who feel the same way. Maybe it's time for you to start looking in the mirror rather than lashing out.

JTP

My Home Page

Registered Member

Yes | No

Get over yourself

I don't care any more about you than any other anonymous internet personality. You say plenty of things that I leave go with no comment. But when I see something that I think is out of line, I will comment on it. That has nothing to do with the fact that it's posted by you or any other particular person, and EVERYTHING to do with the fact that I thought the comment out of line. I commented because of the content of your remarks, not because of who made those remarks.

For whatever reason, you seem to think that you are so important as to justify people cyber-stalking you. Could it possibly be that you get these challenges not because of who you are, but rather because of what you say or how you say it!? Maybe, just maybe?

JTP

My Home Page

Registered Member

Yes | No

PRECISELY the issue here

FOUR separate people have given their opinion on the issue. ALL four have stated that your attack on Scott was unwarranted. ALL four have challenged your assertion that Scott's post was somehow inappropriate.

You are falling all over yourself trying to cover your a$$ that you can't see that simple fact. Go ahead, keep defending yourself. But realize that nobody is coming to your defense here and saying that your criticism was justified or well-founded.

JTP

My Home Page

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread Information